Chapter 36

*four years later*

YOUR P.O.V.

Jermaine- *hands you flowers and a box* Happy Birthday mommy!

Y/N- *smiles* This is so sweet… *takes the flowers* *kisses him* Thank you

Jermaine- Anything for you… but I only got you one bunch. I don’t know who the other is from…

Y/N- *takes Sasha* And thank you my little babygirl *kisses her face*

I’d moved on… It’s been four years, what was I meant to do? Wait around? I wasn’t gonna be pressured into something I didn’t want and that was four years ago. I was 27 now. I would celebrating with my family and friends later but for now, my boyfriend Jermaine and my one-year-old daughter Sasha had my undivided attention.

Jermaine Marquez was an actor, and a successful one too. We met a couple months after me and Dig broke up and on the set of one of his tv shows Jermaine was in. I had a small cameo and we got to talking backstage and hit it off. He was a great guy. He was half Mexican and half African American, but grew up in the Bronx. He was so hot as well. Perfect bronze skin and dark facial hair that made me melt… and he could speak really well in Spanish.. he taught me some which was one of the sexiest things he’d ever done for me…

Over a year ago, I had our daughter Sasha… this time I was ready for commitment. I don’t know what it was but I was older.. and I felt like it was the right time and Jermaine assured me he’d support me through whatever decision… I was happy.

Jermaine- I just want you to have the best day…

Y/N- *looks at the flowers* Thank you.. *reads the other card* Hope you have the best birthday, you’ll always be in my heart, Love Daniel… *looks at Jermaine*

Jermaine- *looks away* Great…

Y/N- *puts them down* But thank you so much baby.. *kisses his cheek* But giving me cupcakes on my birthday doesn’t help..

Jermaine- *laughs* You can’t be a model for so long..

Y/N- Isn’t that what you loved me for?

Jermaine- *laughs* No.. *holds your hand* I love your humour.. your stupidity and just you.

Y/N- Liar *smirks*

Jermaine- Come one.. we’re just gonna chill at home till you go out today

Y/N- Aw that’s perfect… *gets out of bed*

DIGGY’S P.O.V.

I stared at the date on my phone and just laid in my bed. I knew what day it was. Y/N’s birthday. I hadn’t forgotten for four years and I’d always send her flowers. It didn’t matter that we argued so long ago, it didn’t matter that we weren’t together. It didn’t matter that I’d been in so many more relationships since her. I was still on her. It was always her.

I wanted to be friends with her but she always declined. She said she didn’t want the same thing happening before but she always still loved me. She always would, she said. She’d been in her relationship for the longest. She had a kid now. She seemed happy. But I still wanted her. I really did.

Spin- *knocks on his door and walks in* Come on man, get up

Diggy-  Nah, I’m aite

Spin- I know why you in here.. I didn’t forget her birthday either man

Diggy- I sent her flowers and everything.. but I’m just wondering how she moved on just like that?

Spin- Because she forgot you. You didn’t and haven’t forgotten her for four years bruh