Chapter 44

YOUR P.O.V.

Dinner? Cooked. Kioka? Fed and changed. House? Clean. I was showered, dressed and packed to leave. It took months for Kendall to finally convince me like this.

Before I’d gotten only as far as packing a bag and then unpacking it when I cried at the thought of losing Jermaine.. but I had nothing to lose now. I was scared. So scared. He’d done terrible things. Things that reccurred in my dreams and were even more vivid and destructive.

I hated that I loved my husband so deeply.. but he was so controlling. I didn’t have an identity. I was just Mrs Marquez. Jermaine Marquez’s wife. The mother of his kids. No one called me (your full name) anymore. I felt invisible when I was with him. I had to be perfect. Always make an impression. I was his property.

I wasn’t myself.

*5:30pm*

Y/N- *throws underwear in a case* *phone buzzes*

Jermaine- I’ll be home in a couple hours.. everything better be done

Y/N- *deletes text* *calls Kendall*

Kendall- *answers* You okay?

Y/N- I’m nervous..

Kendall- Don’t be. It’s fine Y/N. You’ll be fine, you need to leave him.

Y/N- *stutters* But.. but Ken.. what if he, he finds out?

Kendall- Stop worrying.

Y/N- He’ll find me

Kendall- He won’t even think you’re wanting to run away from him.

Y/N- Okay well, I’m ready

Kendall- I’m 5 minutes away.

*a few minutes later*

*intercom buzzes*

Y/N- Hello?

Kendall- It’s me.

Y/N- *buzzes her in* *walks outside*

Diggy- *gets out the car*

Y/N- *stops walking* No…

Diggy- Well hi to you too.

Y/N- You can’t be here.

Diggy- I can. You just let me in.

Y/N- No, I let..

Diggy- *holds up the phone*

Kendall- *on loudspeaker* Seriously Y/N, get out with him or it’s never gonna happen *hangs up*

Diggy- *puts his phone away* *walks over and grabs your bag*

Y/N- *pulls it from him* I can do it myself.. *puts them in the trunk* *slams it shut*

*in the car*

Diggy- *looks in the rearview mirror* And you’re taking Kioka? Wow..

Y/N- *glances at him* Wow what?

Diggy- I didn’t think you’d.. *shakes head* Never mind..

Y/N- *looks at him* No, what?

Diggy- I never thought you’d leave him.. then again, I never thought he’d abuse you.

Y/N- *closes eyes* I don’t wanna talk about it.

Diggy- How can you let him do that to you? A girl like you? Strong and amazing? Again and after you went through this with Trevor, I never thought he’d do that to you.