Chapter 54

YOUR P.O.V.

*a month later*

I just watched on as Diggy bonded with the kids. Catching up on every second of the 13 years he missed. Or trying to. He bonded the most with Amari. I could see they both craved that bond, that connection that was lost. Our little blended family… I finally had my family under control.

Y/N- *walks over* Daniel..

Diggy- *looks up* Yeah babe?

Y/N- You called the label yet?

Diggy- Why does that matter if you look so beautiful today?

Roger- *chuckles to himself*

Y/N- *straight faces him* Daniel..

Diggy- *holds your hand* Babe, why am I gonna worry about that for a second when I have you for the rest of my life?

Y/N- Diggy, shut the fuck up

Roger- *laughs*

Diggy- *pulls you onto his lap* *plays with your fingers* Babe…

Y/N- *holds his hands tight* Bitch, no.

Diggy- *sighs*

Y/N- You’re calling them. They’re ringing off my line, they know you’re out, they sent the goddamn car for you outta prison.. they wanna know where you’re at and whenever your manager comes over here, you can’t be hiding in the closet

Diggy- *pauses* Fine.

Y/N- I’ll get you the phone. *gets up*

Roger- *watches you go* I just knew you couldn’t swerve that.

Diggy- Bruh, either she got smarter or the kids haven’t been sneaky enough while I was gone. She knows every move..

Y/N- *walks back in* And I’ll know every word you day behind my back too.. *hands him the phone* Call them.

Diggy- *dials the number*

Y/N- *leaves*

DIGGY’S P.O.V.

Diggy- *on the phone* *swallows hard* Mm-hmm.. yeah I know.. I know! Damn, you ain’t gotta tell me twice..

Roger- *looks at him*

Diggy- Yeah whatever…

I hated being on the phone to my label.. they’d call all the time when I was locked up. My manager harassing my ass 24/7 about my music. I was still releasing songs while locked up.. none of them failed to make the charts or even get a lotta press.

It kept me relevant… until a year ago. I wanted to fall back, lay low for my family. I had enough money to keep us afloat for years. I didn’t need the label right now. I needed my family. Especially because of Amari.

Diggy- *hangs up the phone* *throws it on the couch* *breathes deeply*

Roger- Bad?

Diggy- They want me in the studio next week.

Roger- So?

Diggy- I don’t wanna go. I’m not about this right now..

Roger- Diggy this has been your passion since you were like, fourteen…

Diggy- And then I had a family. That comes first, I’ve missed so much of my life and their lives doing this stupid shit..

Roger- Talk to your wife. She’ll know..