47

What am I gonna do without Zach it's hard enough with the kids how am I gonna sleep at night knowing he's not by my side.

He told me he doesn't know if he still loves me or still in love with me. We've been together for 17 years. Every time we try and bring up divorce it gets to overwhelming we can't even think straight.

"Emery." Zach whispered from the other side of our bedroom.

"What." I asked while not looking up from my book.

"This can't be the end of Zmery I know it's not-."

"You don't know if you're in love with me Zach 17 years and I can't get a straight yes or no." I sighed while closing my book and looking up at him.

"I know I love you and I've seen me living my life with nobody but you because that all I've ever had for the longest time but a small break wouldn't hurt." Zach sighed disappointed at his own words. "Emery I didn't mean it like that I'm just-."

"Tired like always I know-."

"No confused I'm confused you're the only person I've looked at for 17 years a really long time and I've never thought of being with anyone else or even wanted to but there was a slip today-."

"I don't wanna hear it." I mumbled while standing up and grabbing my jacket while walking out of the room.

I don't wanna hear how he looked at another girl. I mean I like the honesty but I don't like why.

"Stop walking away from this Emery-."

"Zach I'm not walking away-well technically yeah I'm walking away but because I don't wanna hear what happened today I really don't-."

"Well you can't ignore it forever." Zach said while watching me cross my arms over my chest.

"We should have stayed in la we wouldn't be in this situation right now yes coming out it here was great but I thought you were kidding I really did we aren't supposed to be here Zach this life is made up we aren't these people we never were even in Texas I dropped out of high school because I thought you were gonna start a career and actually work at it not play for a few years and then move us again and then for you to tell me that you're probably falling out of love with me it's fucked up." I sighed and walked outside. The back door opened and closed. "Zach-."

"It's not Zach." I know that voice. That's the voice I hate so much but miss. "Marriage problems."

"Daniel." I sighed and heard his footsteps get closer to me. "Why are you here."

"Come on you couldn't really think you and Zach would live happily every after right." He chuckled and I shook my head.

"Don't do that you don't get to do that-."

"But I do because no matter how much you and Zach love each other you still made a mistake a few years back that he doesn't know-."

"Stop Daniel if you came here to ruin my marriage to late I already did that." I sighed while wiping my tears away.

"Not gonna lie I like seeing you two fight you've never had a real good fight like full on yelling and throwing things and the only reason why it's not like that right now is because your kids are asleep but you've known all along that you two wouldn't last." Daniel chuckled looking at me. "It's okay to cry 17 years is a long time."

"Why are you here." I asked and he shrugged.

"Zach and I were gonna make amends for you even if he's not in love with you he still loves you and you wanna know what that means." He asked and I nodded. "That he's make up with a asshole like me for you."

"He doesn't mean it he just doesn't want our marriage to go to waste if I wouldn't have asked him to forgive you he wouldn't do this on his own." I explained and Daniel nodded.

"When are you gonna tell him we slept together when he went a trip with Jack and Gabbie." Daniel asked and I sighed.

"First me then our daughter no way." I whispered and Daniel nodded.

"Fine I'll tell him."