cops !Randy!

AN/ Thank you so much for the support on this collection, I would really love you could check out another novel I wrote, when dark meets light. I worked really hard on it, and it would make my day.

Andy's POV

My husband and I worked on the force together in England. In that particular moment, there was a report of some boys doing some kind of smoking down at a park 'round town. The alert came from an anonymous source by text.

"We got a text, babe," I said.

"Whereabouts?" he asked.
"The park on Grimes St."

"Got it, heading there now. Report in," he stated.

I quickly did the necessary routine.

"Drugs?" Rye asked.

"No, some kind of smoking, underaged. It was anonymous text."
"Got it, is Mateo home, yet?" Rye asked, wondering about our son.

"No, he told me he has gone over to his friend, Connor's house?"

"Friend or boyfriend?" Rye suspected.

I smirked, "I reckon boyfriend."

Rye and I chuckled.

"Em is home?" I asked.

"Yep," I replied, confirming the location of our daughter.

Rye made one last turn before saying, "We are here."

We both got out, and went to check the park. After a small amount of time, we had found a group of boys with illegal substances. We, of course, were not going to be aggressive with them. Once we got a bit closer to the situation, what I saw shocked me. Mateo was standing right there, along with the other boys. They were all vaping. I saw him look at me, and rather than looking shocked or guilty, he looked relieved.

Rye and I were beyond angry at the sight. Our child, smoking with a bunch of stupid teens.

"Boys, hello, we are officers Fowler and Beaumont, and we need to take you to the station under the underaged smoking vialation," I explained.

(AN/ I tried to research, as much as I could, to find out how this actually, but I could barely find anything, so I apologize for any inaccuracies)

Clearly none of the kids recognized our surnames, and that was positive I suppose. There were seven boys there.

"Okay boys, we have the right to confiscate those E-cigarettes, and we need to contact your parents, so we will be going to the station," Rye said.

Luckily, we had a large van type car rather than a standard car, so we could take all the boys in.

"Okay, you all can speak but please note anything you do or say will be put into evidence. This is not a crime where you will be put into jail, it will, most likely, only be put on you record, and your parents will have to come and pick you up," I explained quickly.

One boy started to cry, and I saw Mateo look petrified.

"Please head to the car," Rye said.

The boys, with no hostility, walked to the car. They all sat down.

"It is a short trip, but please put your seatbelts on," I said trying to be comforting.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

A mumbles of yes came from the boys.

"Ohh, one second, I need to use the bathroom, anyone else?" Rye said. He shot Mateo a look that said come with.