Chapter 7.

Amara's POV:

I quickly snap myself out of my Mason themed daze and collect myself. I noticed him looking at me the same way I was looking at him, only more... lustful? It gave me the slight boost of confidence I needed to attend the party. I've never been looked at that way before.

"Do you want to come inside?" I cough, stepping aside to let Mason in awkwardly.

He steps in without a word, I don't think he knows what to say either.

"That was so entertaining to watch." Jess chuckles, as she stands against the wall looking at Mason and I, smirking and raising her eyebrow.

"Like... literally, that was the best thing I've seen all week." she teases, trying to hold in her laughter. I didn't think it could get any more awkward, but I stand corrected.

"Jack is on his way, I'm going to ride with him," Jess says as she fixes her lipstick in her mirror. "And by the way, Mason, you look good." she purses her lips together before putting her lipstick away. I try to hide my anger towards her by smiling and nodding.

"Jack?" Mason asks, clearly forgetting our whole conversation earlier today. I swear he doesn't listen to a thing I say.

"Jess' boyfriend, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. That right, Jess has a boyfriend." he says childishly, a smirk grows on his face as I realise the dig he took at Jess. I can't be mad at him, I did the same thing. I have to admit seeing Mason shut Jess down like that was pretty entertaining. Am I a bad friend?

A knock at the door causes Jess to squeal and clap her hands before answering.

"Jesus, baby. You look hot." the male voice says, in a low voice, before stepping inside and kissing Jess... still kissing Jess... still.. kissing Jess. She runs her fingers through his messy blonde hair as his hands travel to her waist. They do know they're not alone, right?

Masons eyes widen as he looks at them, then looks at me. Both of us trying to contain our laughter. Mason turns his back to me and starts to make sarcastic kissing noises, wrapping his arms around his back and I lose it. I burst out laughing causing Jess and Jack to snap out of their makeout session, before turning to Mason and I, who quickly try to compose ourselves.

"Sorry I-"

"I told her a joke." Mason interrupts and saves me from embarrassment as I nod along, agreeing and trying desperately to contain my laughter.

"What was the joke?" Jack asks, blissfully... and stupidly unaware, waiting on Mason telling him a funny joke.

"So this guy walks into a hous-" I elbow Mason in his side to cut him off, still trying to hold in my laughter. Jess looks pissed.

"We better go, so we aren't late." I smile, trying to get everybody out of the house. I lock the door and get into Mason's car, Jack and Jess decide to follow his car - as we have no clue where we're going, I hope Mason does.

As soon as the car door closes, Mason and I burst into a fit of laughter. I've never seen him laugh so hard. Although, there's something strange about it—he's laughing, but his eyes don't match his expression.

"That was amazing." he coughs.

"I think I'm going to have that image burned into my brain forever." I chuckle as I try to calm down, I don't want to ruin my makeup from tears of laughter.

Mason starts the car and we drive to his friend Elijah's house. I've never actually met somebody called Elijah before—the name is so intriguing. I wonder if the rest of Mason's friends are as mysterious as him.