Chapter 10.

Mason's POV:

I can't believe how fucking stupid I feel. I'm lying on my bed tapping my fingers against the wall trying to stop thinking about that girl like I'm a fucking lost puppy.

I've never been this way before so why am I now? It's stupid. I hate it. I feel completely out of control with how I feel and its driving me crazy. I haven't even known this girl for a month and she's consuming my every thought. Seeing her at the diner was the best I've felt in weeks. Even if it was just for a minute. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"Can you stop tapping please?" the annoying high pitched voice from the other bed whines like a fucking child.

"No. I won't. Fuck off I'm thinking."

"About what? Whatever it is you better figure it out because you've been acting like a hormonal teenage girl for the past two weeks." he snaps back.

"Look who's found their voice, stop being such a little bitch and put up with it. And it's not a what, she's a person." I groan. I'm trying to think and he's really not helping.

"How about you stop being a little bitch?" he says sitting up on the edge of his bed, taking me by surprise—making me do the same.

"You've been moping around for two weeks, and now that I know it's over a girl that makes it even worse. Whatever you did, fix it. For my sake, and yours." he squaks, rubbing his head in frustration.

"Who the fuck said I was the one that messed up?" I retort.

"So it was her?" he asks with a smug grin on his face.

"Fuck off, Matt." I groan, grabbing my jacket and walking to the door.

"Mason." he yells after me.

"Just fix it. You've never moped around before so I hope she's worth it."

"I don't need your advice." I snap, slamming the door behind me.

I drive around the block wondering what the fuck I should do. I'm angry that she hasn't tried to contact me, but I did tell her to stay away. I'm angry at myself. I know I can't be with her, if anything happened to her I'd never forgive myself but I can't shake her. The annoying little shit. I chuckle to myself but I'm just as frustrated as I was. All I want to do is go find her and kiss her like I should have that night, but I can't. I'm not a good person, and I can't do that to her. What the fuck am I going to do?

Without even thinking I turn the car around and drive to her house. A voice in the back of my head won't stop screaming for me to turn back around but I ignore it. I need to see her. As for what I'm going to do, I'll decide when I get there.

I stop the car and walk to her door, noticing she must've eventually cleaned up the soil from the front of the steps. My finger hovers over the doorbell as I try and mentally weigh the pro's and con's of this conversation and me coming back here. The cons seem to outweigh the pro's but the stupid, irresponsible, selfish part of me presses it anyway.

To my surprise her mother answers and seems to know exactly who I am. She seems to contemplate shutting the door in my face for a second, but opens it a little wider asking me to step inside. I look into the livingroom to see Jess and Amara sitting on the couch in their pyjamas laughing and eating nachos. She has her hair scooped on top of her head and no makeup on, I can't stop the smile that tugs at my lips.

"Amara," her mom says quietly.

They both turn to look at me, Amara's smile drops from her face immediately and her eyes widen. Jess looks like she may get up and kick the shit out of me.