Chapter 38.

Amara's POV:

"Shut the hell up, my phones ringing!" I say through my laughter as Matt lies face down on the carpet, running his fingers through the fibres as he laughs to himself. What he's laughing at? Nobody knows.

"Where is it?" I mumble to myself as I stand to my feet unsteadily, all three of us sitting on the floor with a pizza box in between. Well, besides Matt who decided to make snow angels on the carpet.

"It's here." Elijah chuckles as he hands me my phone.

"Hello?" I choke through my breathlessness.

"Hey, I was just checking when you want me to pick you up." Mason's voice sounds like music to my ears in my drunken state.

"Hey Maseeee," I giggle, dragging out his name. "You should probably pick me up soon, I'm a little drunk."

"A little?! Bitch-" Matt yells.

"Shut up Matt — you're literally balls deep in carpet fibres." Elijah interrupts and we all burst into a fit of laughter.

"I'm- I'm trying to talk!" I stutter through my breathless laughter.

"Is that Elijah?" Mason asks.

"Yup. Elijah say hi!" I squeal, holding the phone up in the air.

"Hey, Loche." Elijah says awkwardly. He isn't even half as drunk as me, and nowhere near as drunk as Matt.

"I didn't know it was an open invite kind of thing." he scoffs, his tone harsh. He's mad?

"It isn't, are you okay?" I ask, throwing myself onto the floor to grab another slice of pizza.

"I'm fine. I'll pick you up soon." he sighs before ending the call.

"Everything okay?" Elijah asks confusedly.

"It's fine, he's been busy all day — he's exhausted." I chuckle.

"I think I need to go to bed." Matt grumbles as he fumbles up onto his knees.

"I second that." I laugh.

Matt crawls on his hands and knees to the couch at the other end of the room to grab a pillow, placing it on the floor and resting his head on it.

"Matt, I'll help you to bed. Don't sleep on the floor." Elijah shakes his head, chuckling under his breath.

"The room won't stop moving." he groans from his DIY bed on the carpet.

"I'm so gonna regret this tomorrow." I complain, leaning my head against the wall behind me, my knees bent up to my chest.

"You get hangovers?" Elijah asks.

"You don't?!" my voice squeaks in shock.

"Nope," he smiles smugly as he takes the final sip from his glass. "I haven't drank much tonight, anyway. But I've never had a hangover, even when I got wasted."

"That's lucky as shiiiiit." I giggle, my head spinning and my body feeling limp on the floor, I understand Matt's sleeping arrangements.

"It is." he shrugs.

Only a few moments later I hear the doorbell ringing. I open one eye and squint towards the clock on the wall, it's 11:30.

"Mason, come in." I yell as loudly as I can, the thought of getting off of the floor makes me want to roll up into a ball beside Matt.

"Maaaason!" I repeat.

"I think the door is locked." Elijah explains, "I'll answer it." he smiles as he stands to his feet.