Chapter 15.

"Miss Woods." I hear the professor snap and I flinch.

"Sorry, I'm listening." I lie.

"Then you won't have any trouble telling me what I was just telling the class." he raises his eyebrow at me and by this time all eyes are on me. Jess didn't show up to class today so I have nowhere to turn to.

"Miss Woods? I'm sure you can repeat what I said, since you were listening so intently." he says with a smug look on his face. Actually, no I can't because I wasn't listening to a single thing you said since I was fantasising about my makeout session with my friend last night, and how I'm going to ask him what dangerous shit he's into hoping we can talk about it without losing whatever we have.

I clear my throat, "Um, something about sterilisation?" I mutter, knowing I'm wrong.

"Miss Woods if you aren't going to pay attention in this class, I would strongly advise you drop out." he snaps and I don't know what to say.

"Sorry." I sigh. He's so frustrating.

"As I was saying, the signs of noticing hypoxia are things such as confusion - due to lack of oxygen to the brain, hallucinations, reduced levels of consciousness and pulmonary hypertension.." I try to concentrate on his words and take notes but my mind keeps wandering. I already know how to notice somebody is hypoxic already - I've studied it before. I try my best to tell myself I'm not missing anything as my mind wanders back to the thoughts of Mason. I'm going to call him after class and hopefully we can talk. I need him to talk to me. I need him to tell me why he is the way he is, I don't expect him to tell me everything, but I need something to go off of. It's driving me crazy how he's so hot and cold because he's scared I'm in danger. If he can't tell me what I need to know, I can't see myself with him - even as friends.

I spend the rest of the classes concentrating slightly and worrying majorly. I'm very particular about my notes and the way they are laid out, as well as keeping on top of my work - so I know after my chat with Mason, depending on how it goes I'll rewrite my notes, using highlighters and coloured pens.

I pick up my phone to check the time as I leave my class, and see a text from Mason, it made my chest feel weird just seeing his name.

*Hey, can we talk?*

I wanted to talk to him anyway, but my heart still pounds as I read the words. I wonder what he wants to talk to me about? I really hope it doesn't stop me from talking to him about everything.

*Sure, I'm just about to drive home. Pick me up in half an hour?* I would invite him in, but it's not a good idea since my mom literally acts like he's some sort of descendant of satan.

My mom's car isn't in the drive when I get home, at least I don't need to deal with her right now. I don't need to change since I just wore comfortable clothes to class and my hair is tied up. I twirl my hair round my fingertips and tap my foot against the wooden floor as I wait for Mason, I'm nervous and I don't know what I'm going to say. I tried to plan a speech but I can't remember any of it now, and I know when it comes to it I'll freeze.

I hear the door knock and I walk outside to meet him.

"My mom isn't home but it's best we don't talk here, in case she comes home early again." I tell him and he nods, opening the car door for me.

"We can go to my dorm, Matt isn't there he's probably at the library or some shit." he rolls his eyes and I glare at him.

"You're so mean to Matt." I scold him.

"No, Matt is annoying." he sighs.

"No he isn't, you just provoke him." I chuckle and he shakes his head.