Chapter 27.

Amara's POV:

My eyes fight their way open to find myself still comfortably and happily in Mason's arms, I look up to see him already awake and looking down at me.

"Mason!" I jump, startled to find him staring at me.

"Sorry." he chuckles, clearly amused.

"I didn't want to move and wake you up." he tells me and I can't help but smile.

"I guess I can forgive you..." I roll my eyes playfully.

"You guess?" he says with his eyebrow raised as he hovers over me.

"I guess." I repeat, trying to hold back my smirk.

"Take it back." he says slowly as he begins to tickle me.

Absolutely not the direction I seen this going in.

"No!" I yell through my laughter as I squirm around, frantically trying to escape the barriers of his arms at either side of me.

"Take it back." he laughs as he continues to tickle me.

"Okay, okay! I take it back!" I whine as he stops, trying to catch his breath from laughing and flopping down beside me. I love seeing the playful side to Mason, especially in the mornings. I couldn't have started my day any better.

"Are you going to be all moody now?" he teases and I elbow him in the side.

"You're really on a roll this morning." I huff and he pulls me towards him, to which I instinctively lay my head on his chest.

"You wouldn't have it any other way." he states smugly.

"Nope, I wouldn't." I exhale as I trace his tattoo.

"You really like that, don't you?" he asks as his eyes follow mine down to the quote on his arm.

"I do, I told you I think it's beautiful." I say softly as I read it.

"Will you please let me hear you play guitar sometime?" I whine and plea, he sighs slightly in return.

"Okay."

"What? Really?" I say in surprise as I prop myself up on my elbows to look at him.

"Yes, really." he rolls his eyes.

I smile widely and watch his eyes slowly dart away, he can't hold eye contact in moments like these.

I slowly peck his lips and pull away, standing up to grab a pair of shorts when an arm wraps around my waist, pulling me back into the bed.

"Mason, we have to get up." I laugh.

"But this bed is so comfortable, and I want to stay here with you." he whines.

"Five more minutes." I say in defeat, wrapping my arm around him. He knows I can't say no to him when he's so sweet.

——————

We spent most of the day in bed after that, we had breakfast with Carol and Steve—and my mom took Izzy to the park. It's almost five and Mason and I are back in bed watching some action movie on the flat screen TV in here. It's been perfect, if I'm honest. Mason and I have had no disagreements, and after we got everything out last night we've been great. We've spent hours just watching movies and goofing around.

Neither of us have changed out of our pyjamas. I'm still wearing his shirt—and a pair of shorts.. since I couldn't walk around here in my underwear, even if I was covered. Mason has a grey shirt and sweatpants on, and still looks just as attractive.