Chapter 36.

"Amara?" Masons voice startles me, making me drop the pin and lose my balance.

"Whoa!" he exclaims as he bends down to help me to my feet, while I frantically pick up the shining piece of silver and wrap my hand around it.

"What's wrong?" he asks, rubbing his tired eyes.

"Nothing, you just startled me." I lie as I grab the jacket from the floor, placing it on top of the table.

"Who's jacket is that?" Mason asks as he squints his eyes. "Isn't that Matt's?" If only he knew.

"No," I blurt out. "It's Jack's. Jess is coming to collect it later today." I tell him awkwardly, I mean I'm not lying.

"Okay?" he furrows his brow in suspicion.

"Anyway.." he smiles, pulling me in towards his chest, his arms wrapping around my waist securely. "Good-morning, girlfriend." he grins and I smile warmly in return.

"Good-morning, boyfriend." I chuckle, wrapping my arms around his back and resting my head on his chest as I enjoy his embrace.

He kisses the top of my head, "Did you sleep well?"

"I did." I nod, "I was tired."

"I wonder why.." he says sarcastically, referring to last night's events. He picks me up, wrapping my legs around his waist and I wince.

"What happened?" he looks at me concerned.

"Nothing I'm just a little.. sore." I say awkwardly, feeling the heat rise in my cheeks. I watch as his look of concern quickly turns to a proud smirk.

"Oh, I see." he wiggles his brows and I smack his arm, lowering myself down to the ground.

"You better put some pants on before everyone else gets up." he teases.

"Shit!" I mumble, I totally forgot. I'm so not used to sleeping practically naked, I pulled Mason's shirt on and forgot about the rest. Thankfully, it covers the top of my thighs.

I quickly go to my room, sitting on the edge of the bed. I take a deep breath in, wondering what the hell I'm going to do about Jack, and Jess.. and Matt. I can't tell Mason, he doesn't even know Matt is gay, and I promised I wouldn't say, it's not my place to take that from him. Is this an exception? No. It isn't, right? I throw my head back on the bed in frustration from the swirling thoughts that are engulfing my mind.

I need to tell Jess and Matt, it's only fair.. but who do I tell first?

Jess, right? She is his girlfriend after all. But how am I going to tell her without outing Matt?

"Fuck." I mutter as my mind runs wild, this is an impossible situation and I can't tell Mason, the one person I want to confide in.
I need someone to talk to, but who? I run my fingers through my hair, sighing deeply. I'm sure Rebecca wouldn't mind giving me advice, I don't have to name names.. she doesn't even know who Matt is.

I grab a pair of jeans and a shirt, quickly getting changed and brushing my hair — tying it on top of my head. I sigh as I look at myself in the mirror, I look awful. There's no time to spend on appearances, I guess.

I make my way into the kitchen where Izzy, Mason and my mom are sitting at the table together. Mason is cutting up Izzy's pancakes as she tells him about the bear she's getting for her birthday and how excited she is. I can't help but smile. If somebody had told me six months ago that I'd be here today, watching Mason Loche — my boyfriend, slice up blueberry pancakes for Isabella while my mom cooks at a family breakfast, I would've thought they were insane. Literally.