Author's note.

(Final a/n):
7 months, 60 chapters, 163,298 words.
And we finally reached the end. I want to say one thing before I get into my speech—you're going to want to read until the end, so stick with me!

First of all, I want to say thank you to every single one of you who is reading this right now; if you have stuck with Downfall for all 60 chapters—you are amazing! I truly cant believe it has come to an end.

I remember when I first planned this story, and I was in two minds whether to even publish it at all, the love and support from you all has been overwhelming and heartwarming—I appreciate each and every one of you.

There have been times where I doubted this story and my ability to write it, times where I pondered whether to unpublish, and times where I wanted to scream. But, through perseverance we reached the end! I've grown to love each character and their traits, and I've grown so fond of everything they do. I've adored creating the bonds and love between them that you all see and it truly means the world to me that you loved it too!

There have been tears and high emotions over this journey, and especially within the last 10 chapters. I have cried countless tears writing many different scenes, including the heartfelt ones, the heartbreaking ones, and the final ones. Not everything worked out as perfectly as everyone wished... but that's life. As much as I would've loved to create a book which was happiness all around and no heartbreak or hard times, that's not how life works.

With saying that, I'm sure there are a LOT of questions and emotions towards the final chapter...

I'm here to officially announce for the first time, that I will be writing a second book, which is a sequel to Downfall! This has been in the works for months; and I have been bursting to announce it! I am so unbelievably excited to write this story, and it's safe to say that Downfall was only the beginning...

The book will be called 'The Beauty in Eternity', and it has a lot in store that none of you are expecting. This will be a continuation of Downfall, but—things are not as they seem. All I can say is, think of this as only the beginning to something much bigger.

Updates surrounding this story will be posted on my writers instagram: @downfallwrites , and the release date, description etc will be posted as soon as things are finalised! I will also post as many updates on here as I can. So, stay tuned, and until then... here is the finalised cover:

Once again, I want to thank you all

Once again, I want to thank you all. Especially my close friends who have listened to me ramble on, rant, and cry over the difficult times whilst writing this book.

Here's to the next one!

Thank you.

{edit: (4/2/20)—TBIE is now published!}