Chapter 11.

Mason's POV:

"Shut the fuck up." I groan, covering my face with a pillow.

"I'm just saying, she was ready to forgive you and you did the same thing again, you're such an idiot." my annoying roommate whines as he writes in his stupid notebook.

"Didn't I tell you to shut up? It still isn't your business. It's too early in the morning for this bullshit." I mumble against the pillow.

"I couldn't sleep with you moving around all night and pacing up and down, you can't complain." he rolls his eyes.

"Why are you doing work anyway? It's a fucking Saturday." I choose to ignore his comment about my pacing, removing the pillow from my face. I couldn't sleep thinking about how I fucked up again, but at least we're still friends. I think.

"Because some of us care about our education. Can you get one sentence out without cussing?" he retorts.

"Well you can care about it on Monday like normal people, you're bumming me out. And no, I fucking can't" I add, just to piss him off further.

"Bumming you out? That's rich." he shakes his head.

Without thinking it through too much I pick up my phone and text Amara. I need out of here.

Amara's POV:

"Thank you." I smile as my mom places a bowl of cereal onto the counter in front of me. It's the first breakfast we've had together in a while, it's sort of nice. Even though it's already early afternoon. She hasn't mentioned my Mason induced meltdown last night and I'm thankful. I feel better this morning, I can work on getting over my crush and have a friend in Mason. A little distance for now can only help.

Just at that, my phone buzzes and an unusual number flashes on the screen.

*Hey. Are you busy today? I'm sorry for last night. I hope I'm still your friend, plant killer.*

Mason? How the hell did he get my number? I sigh at his message, so much for that space.

*I'm not busy, how did you get my number? Stalker.*

*Because I'm a stalker, obviously.*

I chuckle again at his response, I'm glad he at least gets my sense of humour. Let's hope this whole friendship thing works.

*I see. Well, I'm free in an hour if you want to stalk me some more.*

*Great. I'll pick you up then.*

I shake my head as I eat another spoonful of cereal, I really hope it isn't going to be awkward with Mason, I mean just last night I was crying over him not liking me back like a twelve year old girl. I can't force him to have feelings for me, and I'd rather have him as a friend than not at all.

"Aren't you going to finish?" My mom asks, pointing to the half full bowl of cereal sitting in front of me.

"I have to get ready, I'm going out with M.. Jess." I stop myself, I know she wouldn't be happy with me spending time with Mason after how he acted, how I acted.

"Alright." she shrugs as I walk out of the kitchen.

"Wait, Mar."

"Are you okay?" she asks, her head slightly tilted in confusion.

"I'm fine, really." I smile.

I really am okay, I think it's the fact Mason text me, showing he does still want to be friends afterall. I can do this.

I shower and dry my hair, leaving it in natural yet slightly frizzy waves, I don't care enough to straighten or curl it. I put on a pair of blue denim jeans and a strappy white t-shirt, its slightly warm outside but not warm enough to wear a dress or shorts. I add some mascara as usual and wait for Mason to arrive. Just at that I hear the doorbell ring and my heart sinks.