Chapter 21.

"Can I get a hint?" I whine.

"Amara, nothing has changed since you asked two minutes ago, or two minutes before that, or the two minutes before tha-"

"Okay, okay." I groan and cross my arms.

Just at that, my eye catches something in the mirror of the car, I turn around into the back seat and I can see a blanket covering what looks like iron chains, with a link of chain peeking through a gap in the covers. What the hell? It's official, I'm going to be murdered.

"Mason.." I say awkwardly.

"Why do you have those?" I mumble, pointing to the back seat and he rolls his eyes, reaching into the back seat to cover the exposed piece of lock.

"I'm not taking you to the woods to kill you, Amara." he says with a smirk on his face and I laugh nervously.

"What are they for?" I ask.

"Do you ever stop asking questions?" he asks me, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know, do I?" I say, trying to be smart.

"Wait.." I furrow my brow and he laughs.

"Exactly, now shut up." he whines and I sulk next to him.

"Okay now close your eyes, we're almost there." he tells me.

I open my mouth to argue but he silences me with his finger against my lips.

"Just do it." he shakes his head and I close my eyes.

"No peeking, I mean it." he groans and I mentally roll my eyes at him. I considered opening them just to roll them, but he's been way too sweet surprising me with something and I dont want to push it, although there's still a part of me that's unnerved by the chains in the car. If he murders me, I'm going to be mad at not taking the opportunity to roll my eyes.

"Okay, we're here, but keep your eyes closed." he tells me and I can hear him picking up the chains from the car, oh god. What the hell have I gotten myself into?

"Okay.. stay there, I'll be right back." he tells me as he closes the car door. A few minutes later he arrives back to the car, opening the door and guiding me to a certain spot.

"Okay... hold on." he says, I hear the chains russling around and what sounds like a loud break, followed by more chains russling around. My curiosity is at an extreme and all I want to do is open my eyes.

"Okay... open." he says, and I do so.

I look in front of me, I'm standing in front of the gate, the same game from before, that leads to the beautiful park. I raise my eyebrow as I examine the gate, everything looks the same, although the chains look different. I look down to see the rusty old chains that once restricted the gate lying by my feet, along with a pair of bolt cutters - he replaced the chains, and the padlock is replaced with a larger one. I look at Mason in confusion, I really don't know why he replaced them, it's sweet, but what was so bad about the old chains?

"I don't understand." I tell him, raising my eyebrow and he chuckles.

"These are new chains, and a new lock." he tells me, moving his hand around in his pocket.

"And this is for you." he says handing me a small golden key, with a smile on his face. I suddely realise what he has done, and I feel my heart melt. The kind of way that makes you want to cry from sheer gratitude.

"My special place is now yours, ours to come to whenever you, or we need to." he smiles, looking away.

"I got two keys made to fit that lock, only you and I have one. We are the only people who can get inside, without climbing over the gate. It's our place now." he says, looking back into my eyes and I can't find the words to respond. I cant fathom the words to tell him just how much this means to me. This is the most thoughtful thing I could've ever wanted. I feel like my heart may literally burst, and I could cry. He's my person. He is the person that makes me feel strange kinds of happy that I didn't know existed before him, I can't explain it. He is the most precious thing in my life and I never want to lose this. I never want to lose him.