Chapter 47.

The rest of the drive home is silent, painfully silent. Not one word was uttered between us the whole way back, all two hours of the time it took to get back were spent in brooding quiet from Mason. We arrive at my house, with no further direction from Mason to take him back to his dorm.

"Well, we're here." I break the stillness.

But, nothing. He simply ignores my presence altogether and steps out of the car. That's how he wants to do this? Fine—I think to myself. I climb out of the car and march to my door, turning the key to unlock it and striding inside with Mason following behind.

I throw my keys onto the credenza and pull off my shoes, my blood boiling. "So that's how it's going to be, huh? You're giving me the silent treatment?" I scoff.

"Well that's fine by me, Mason. I don't-"

I turn around to be met by Mason who is standing mere inches from my face; his stare set coldly onto me like I've never seen it before. He's noticeably angry, even angrier than me, possibly. I move my eyes from his, crossing my arms against my chest.

"Move." I demand, my voice less powerful than I had hoped.

He ignores me, his facial expression still blank. "You really should have told me about those texts, Amara." he contends; his tone monotonous.

"No, Mason. I'm not a child and I don't have to tell you my every move." I retort, refusing to look into his eyes; I know if I do, I'll crack.

He takes a step forward, then another, and another—making me stumble backwards against the wall until my back is pressed flush against it, Mason's body now millimetres from mine.

I feel my breath hitch as he places his finger underneath my chin, tilting my head up to look him in the eye. His eyes are still cold, unreadable—but there's so much more to it.

"You really should do as you're told, Amara." he asserts, the corner of his mouth twisting into a devilish grin.

My heart skips a beat, the heat rushes to my cheeks as my breath quickens. I push for words to come out, and suddenly, all I utter is; "No."

I shock myself at my own words and the power held behind them. He continues to stare, his eyes alone making my confidence waver.

"All you need..." he whispers, trailing his hands down my arms lightly, stopping at my waist, "Is a firm hand to make you behave." his grip tightens.

**Warning—Sexual content ahead; the end of the scene will be marked by '~~' if you wish to skip.**

No words can fight their way out this time, I'm rendered speechless as my breathing quickens, my heart pounding against my chest. I want him, I want him so badly; and I know I'm going to get him.

"Then make me behave." I pant, his grin growing at my unexpected words.

"As you wish, baby."

I don't have time to retaliate before he slams my arms above my head, holding them tightly with one hand against the wall as the other trails it's way down my body to the hemline of my shirt. His lips crash down on mine in a relentless kiss of passion, my body reacting to his touch as it always does.