Chapter 49.

"That wasn't so bad, right?" I raise my brow.

"Nah," Mason shrugs, kicking his feet along the ground as we walk to the car.

"Not scary at all, huh?" I press, biting my lip to refrain from smiling.

"Nope." he mumbles.

"Yeah, I knew all those hand squeezes and jumps were from excitement." I snigger, watching as he glares at me with annoyance.

"Shut the fuck up," he scoffs, rolling his eyes.

"Do you want to stay over tonight?" he asks.

"Why? In case the ghosts come and get you when you're alone?" I laugh, watching the annoyance and embarrassment grow.

"No, because I miss sleeping beside you." he mumbles.

"Ugh," I sigh, "You had to be meaningful and now I feel bad teasing you." I smile, climbing into the car.

"Yes, I would like to stay over." I chuckle, fastening my seatbelt.

"Good, now quit being mean or I'll have to put you over my knee." he smirks.

"Mason!" I cover my face, knowing I'm bright red.

—————

"Come on," Mason opens his arms, lifting up the bedsheets for me to climb in.

I nuzzle my head into his chest and trace the tattoo's on his skin. "Do you remember the first time we slept in this bed together?" I ask, smiling to myself at the memory.

"I do, you refused to sleep in the same fucking bed as me at first." he teases.

"I was being modest!" I laugh.

"Well that didn't last long," he sniggers.

"Hey!" I chuckle, nudging his chest playfully. "It seems so long ago now, everything was so different."

"You mean I was so different." he says, pushing a stray strand of hair from my face.

"That's not what-" I pause for a second, "You were different then." I admit, reminiscing on how difficult things were in the beginning.

"Until your stubborn little self refused to let me go, and here we are," he smirks, "I like myself better now, with you." his eyes flicker down and I can tell he's thankful for the dimly lit room.

"I do too, but I liked you just as much in the beginning Mason; you just had to learn to let me in." I tell him, placing a small kiss on his chest.

"I l—" he sighs, unable to say the words.

"I know." I whisper, stroking his cheek slowly, peaceful silence filling the room as we both start to drift off to sleep, safely and contently where we want to be.

—————

"Amara!"

"Amara!"

My eyes flutter open, adjusting to the brightly lit dorm room as my boyfriend frantically attempts to pull his pants on, talk about morning entertainment.

"Well good morning." I smirk.

"I'm late." he groans, buttoning his shirt.