Chapter 8.

"Mason, please don't." my voice is tired as I basically beg him not to kick Jake's ass again. I notice him clench his fists before unclenching them as Jake approaches us. Does he have a death wish?

"Hey," he says, his eyes directly set on me. He obviously doesn't want to fight with Mason tonight.

"Hey." I reply, looking down.

"You look really nice." his tone is calm and I can tell he meant it in an innocent way.

"Thank you." I smile, its clear he's really trying to manage his anger. I know he must want to kill Mason after him doing what he did. His wounds are still obvious but have went down slightly since this morning.

My head feels like it begins to spin and I start to regret tonights choices. I need to go to the bathroom but I feel like I'm going to fall. I steady myself and begin to walk back upstairs.

"Where are you going?" Mason calls after me.

"The bathroom." I reply, trying to focus on staying upright. I begin to stumble, but feel a pair of hands on my back.

"Let's go." Mason mumbles as he steadies my balance, walking behind me.

"Wait out here." I tell him, whilst walking into the bathroom.

"Well I wasn't planning on coming in with you." he whines sarcastically, as I roll my eyes.

I stumble to the sink to wash my hands. As I look into the mirror my eyes are bloodshot and a little red, but my makeup is still perfectly intact.

"Amara, one—weeeed, zero." I mumble to myself, poking my finger against the mirror.

I bend the door handle and it doesn't open. Shit. I try again, and again, and it still remains shut. I really can't believe I'm high, drunk and locked in a bathroom.

"Amara." Masons voice grunts from the other side of the door.

"Did you unlock the door?"

I turn the lock and the door opens, I forgot about that.

"Oops," I chuckle as I stumble through the door and lean against the wall.

"Maybe I shouldn't have drank after smoking weed."

"Maybe you shouldn't have gotten high in the first place." Mason raises his brow with a smug 'I told you so' look on his face.

"Yeah, yeah." I swat his arm with my hand.

"Can we get some air? I really need some air." I whine.

"Come on."

Mason stretches out his hand for me to take, leading me outside. He seems tense with my hand in his, I wonder why these small things make him so uncomfortable.

He leads me outside to a small brick wall at the front of the house, he sits himself up on the wall and pats the spot beside him, telling me to do the same. I manage to get up on it my first try, which is pretty surprising considering I can barely walk in a straight line.

Mason looks at me and chuckles before looking back to the ground.

"What?"

"I've never seen such a lightweight." he teases.

"Hey! I've never drank like this before... or been high before." I laugh.

"Yeah, yeah." he rolls his eyes, pulling out his phone.

"Can I ask you something?" I ask.

"That depends what you want to ask." he replies, raising an eyebrow.