||prologue||

"But she's your daughter!" an ageing woman exclaimed as a woman with cropped h/c hair passed her a small newborn child.

"And she's your grandchild!" the woman replied, "we can't have a child dragging us down. We have to keep up our work."

"Why have a child if you weren't going to raise her?" the old man beside them asked, looking at the small girl in the old woman's arms.

"We didn't mean to," a man with blondish locks walked over, "we were drunk."

"Drunk?" the elders repeated in shock before sighing.

"We'll raise her, as long as you visit her at least once a month," the old man told them, "you have to promise this, m/n, f/n.."

"Fine," they both nodded before turning.

"We have a plane to catch," m/n announced coldly as the two left the building, leaving the two elders to sigh and look down at the child.

"We're so sorry you have to be born from people like my daughter and son in law," the old man spoke softly to the child.

"But we'll always love and support you, y/n," the old woman smiled and kissed the babies forehead.

°🌺°
Four years later

"Y/n," the teacher called out to a girl with shoulder length h/c hair who was staring intensely at her paper.

"Yes?" she looked up with a small smile.

"You ready to read out your dreams?" the teacher asked, y/n looked down hesitantly before nodding and placing her hands on the table in front of her and pushing herself up just to fall flat onto her face on the floor after the desk crumbled to nothing but dust under her touch.

"Uh-- um-- I didn't mean to do that," she quickly said a deeply embarrassed blush dressing her face as she adjusted herself so she was kneeling down.

"Don't touch anything else, OK?" the teacher told her with an awkward smile before she got up and called for someone to come and get y/n.

A man in a suit walked over and gestured the small girl to walk with him, she did and leads her to a room that looked much like a hospital room.

The man took a seat and started rummaging around for something until he pulled out a pair of gloves.

"Wear these and you won't break anything," the man told her, she just looked at him confused, "I'll explain, your quirk is called 'Destroy', if I'm correct in guessing, I believe that your father also has this quirk. These gloves are quirk cancellers, wear them and your quirk won't activate, however, if you somehow end up having the same quirk as your mother as well, then it won't be affected by the gloves. You'll have to learn to control it on your own."

"Oh-- OK," y/n nodded, taking the gloves and pulling them on, they shrunk down to fit her hands, "Whoa- did you see that? They just shrunk!"

"Yes," the man chuckled, "that's what they're supposed t do, unless they somehow get destroyed, you won't have to buy new ones because they will grow with your hands."

"That's awesome!" she exclaimed with a bright smile.

"It is isn't it?" he agreed with a smile, "now go back to class, yes?"

"OK!" she grinned, skipping out of the room.

°🌺°
Two years later

A loud crash filled the l/n house and the two who weren't the cause of the crash skidded into the kitchen in confusion.

"What happened, grandpa?" y/n asked, her arms thrown out in a strange karate motion.