Disaster Date Special 6/13

"Kirishima," I shouted.

"Yeah," he shouted back as we stopped running, "what's up?"

"We need to figure out how we're going to fight," I replied, "I don't have my katana so I can't focus my quirk very well and it's going to get a bit crazy if I try use it properly without my katana here."

"Ah, you're right," he nodded, "well I can defend you as much as you need. My hardening is the ultimate shield."

"That's great," I nodded before looking around, "if only I had something that I could focus my quirk into..."

"What kind of thing can you use?" he asked, looking around with me.

"Anything that's sturdy enough," I replied, "like a knife or something."

"A knife?" he repeated before walking off somewhere.

"Where're you going?" I asked, following him curiously as he disappeared behind a stall. He rummaged around a bit before standing up and showing me a boning knife.

"How about this?" he asked.

"Perfect," I nodded, he grinned and passed me the knife.

I swung it around a bit and then pushed my destruction quirk into it and watched as it adopted a slight f/c glow.

"Perfect," I repeated and smiled, "alright, now that that problem is out of the way, let's go and find that bomb bastard."

"Right!" Kirishima grinned before we began walking around again, "by the way, y/n..."

"What's up?" I asked.

"You and Bakubro have been doing a lot of jobs together lately," he pointed out, "is there a reason?"

"Not really," I shook my head, "we've been doing some joint training with our sidekicks lately so to pick up their slack we picked up extra work and they just so happened to cross over quite frequently."

"I see," he nodded, "I totally forgot you two put your sidekicks through hell training once every month."

"What can I say?" I grinned, "it's fun to watch them realise how much they've slacked while working. Even after all these years, I still haven't been able to fight even one of them at even half of my actual strength yet."

"Even after all the training you put them through?" Kirishima asked as we looked around each corner.

"They slack off too much when they go back to normal work so they don't keep that improvement much," I replied, "it's infuriating because all of my sidekicks have so much potential but they don't put in the work unless I force them to. It's such a pain. It's like they're all hosting the sin of sloth inside them."

"My sidekicks aren't anything like that," he told me with a prideful and fond smile, "they're all hard working and they're always excited to learn something new."

"Sounds like you have the perfect sidekicks there," I smiled, "they fit your perfectly."

"Yes, of course, there may not be many of them but they're pretty enthusiastic and I love that," he grinned as he stopped walking, I stopped as well and smiled, "but I have more sidekicks than you, y/n... why is that exactly? Our of all our classmates, you have the least sidekicks, Bakugo as well but I'm fairly sure it's just because he has impossible standards."

"He does have impossible standards," I agreed, "but unless I see that one thing in them that draws me in, I won't even bother looking twice. All my sidekicks, when I first saw them in whatever school it was or even on the streets just passing by, they all had one thing in common that I could not leave behind."

"What was that?" he asked.

"The fire of determination," I told him, smiling as I recalled the faces of my five sidekicks when I first met them, "they had determination, but also knew their strengths and weaknesses without being provoked. They knew their limits and pushed past them all the time. Actually, that kind of determination reminded me of Midoriya back in our first year of high school when he used to break himself to the point of immobilisation just to fight and succeed no matter how much pain was inflicted on him. Crazy, huh?"

"I see," he nodded, "makes sense I guess-- wait-- what's that noise?"

"Noise?" I repeated, looking around confused before frowning as I tried to focus on my hearing.

The sound of beeping caught my attention and I looked around in confusion.

"What is that?" I asked, "it's so annoying."

Kirishima suddenly gasped and then put his hand on the back of my head before pushing us both down.

"Duck!" he shouted before an explosion sounded from above us.

We both looked up just as a large chunk of rails came crashing down on us.

"Damn it!" Kirishima shouted before pushing me down and hardening his skin, "stay down!"

Midoriya's PoV

Another explosion rung through the area and me and Kacchan both looked over to where the second largest ride in the area fell to pieces.

"Wasn't that where Kirishima and y/n went?" I asked. When I didn't get a response, I looked over to Kacchan to see him frozen to the spot.

"Kacchan?" I called, "Kacchan?"

I waved my hand in front of his face and he suddenly turned and grabbed me, pulling me out of the way as a large explosion shot up from behind us.

Damn, I let my guard down.

"That bastard," he growled as he dropped me on the floor again, "If he so much as lays a finger on her... I kill him."

His eyes were burning with rage.

"Please, Kacchan, for the sake of yours and y/n's reputation, don't kill him," I quickly said, "but we do need to arrest him before he does anything worse than this. There are dozens of innocents waiting outside and they can get hurt. We are supposed to protect them, so we need to."

He didn't seem to budge.

"Y/n's strong and she also has Kirishima with her too so I'm..." he shot a glare at me as I spoke, "...sure she's fine. He'll protect her and she'll protect him... so don't worry, 'kay?"

He's pissed.

"Whatever," he snarled and I let out a breath of relief.

That should keep him calm enough for now.

We need to catch Shrapnel soon.