||54||

Six days later_
Provisional licencing exam_
Location: National Dagoba Arena_

We all stepped off the bus and glanced around the area, I stood by myself as I looked around, ignoring the mutters and phrases escaping my classmates' mouths.

"I fucking love you, f/n l/n. Don't you forget it."

No, you idiot, stop thinking about that night. After Bakugo's confession, I kind of exploded internally? I didn't really know how to react and ended up pressing the start button, as soon as the lift landed on my floor I sprinted out of that tiny box of awkwardness and hid in my room. The next day I claimed I was sick and couldn't move, in truth, I was too embarrassed to move.

Why am I running away? What the fuck, y/n? You idiot. You're dating that hot head, so act like it.

I mean, my classmate just confessed to me, this is the first damn time this has happened before. So yeah. I am obviously not going to know how to bloody react. Well, makes sense considering I hated people and people hated me, except Toga, but she...is a special...creepy story...

The rest of the days I slowly got used to the fact that we were actually dating and people noticed. However, when I was approached about it, I just shrugged it off and said I was. When questioned further I dismissed the conversation because I didn't want to talk to them and spill out all my deepest darkest secrets just because we live in the same building. That's just pushing the 'friend' thing a bit too far out it's comfort zone to me.

"If you can pass this test and get your provisional licences, then you baby eggs will hatch into chicks, you'll be semi-heros," Aizawa caught my attention as he started his speech of the day, "I expect your best."

Or not. That was... Rather short for him.

"All right, I can't wait to be a heroic chicken!" Kaminari blurted out stupidly, actually... I squinted at the blonde and imagined him with a beak... You're halfway there Kaminari, your dreams of becoming a chicken will be realised, I'm sure of it.

"Right, let's call out the usual you guys!" Kirishima called out loudly as some weird guy just appeared beside me, "on my mark go plus..."

"Ultra!" the guy beside me shouted for basically everyone in our class beside Kaminari and Kirishima who were totally into the chant.

Who... The fuck is this guy?

"You know it's pretty rude to barge into other peoples' huddles like that, Inasa," some tiny kid behind me spoke up.

Where the hell did they come from?

Wait that uniform. It's the school I was planning to go to if I so happened to fail the UA entrance exam.

"What? Pardon me!" 'Inasa' apologised before bowing so low that his forehead was basically halfway through the concrete, "I am so. Very. Extremely. Sorry!!!"

"Yeah... I'm going to... Uh-- go somewhere else," I quickly sidestepped away and watched from a distance, that guy is so weird, is his forehead OK? Or his brain? He must have some sort of damage with that much force. It just gives me a headache thinking about it... Ow...

"Who is this guy? I do not trust his enthusiasm," Kaminari questioned awkwardly. I got to agree with him there. This guy is way too perky for his own good.

My class started talking about the kids and how they're from Shiketsu High.

I recognised one of the people, apparently, they recognised me back.

"Hi, shortie," I greeted the purple-haired middle school ex-classmate of mine who wasn't that short anymore, but you know, nicknames tend to stick.

"It's Seiji Shishikura," he frowned at me, "and if you haven't noticed, I'm taller than you now."

"Those are only very minor details," I replied with a shrug.

Seiji and I used to be pretty close friends when I was in the first year of middle school, he was in the second year at the time and we bumped into each other, literally. I didn't expect a pile of books to attack me when I fell and I'm sure he wasn't expecting a stack of paperwork to fall on him either. But it happened, and we became pretty good friends, however, he moved away because of his father's line of work and that was around the time that I really couldn't be bothered with trying to make friends for my grandparents' happiness and acted like the normal me.

We email from time to time, but nothing much more than that. I didn't expect to ever see him again. Though now he kind of looks like a stuck up jerk, to be honest.

"Whatever, glove girl," he smirked, I raised my hands up.

"Do I look like I'm wearing gloves to you?" I asked him sarcastically, we glared at each other before I found myself fighting to not laugh, he also was doing the same thing. It would seem we were both trying to keep a cold façade on.

I could feel a pair of eyes burning through the back of my head during our whole meeting. Bakugo.

"Anyway," Seiji cleared his throat and put his hand out at me, "we need a rematch at some point. What is it? 42-31 to you?"

"I believe it was 41 but yes," I nodded and took his hand, "we do need a rematch."

We shook hands.

"Let's make this a round, the person who fails the licence exam loses the round, deal?" he suggested, I nodded.

"Deal," I confirmed before we separated and he walked away with his crazy classmate.