||27||

I wrote down my hero name onto the whiteboard.

"Now students, who amongst you is ready to share?" Midnight asked.

I put my hand up.

"Alright, y/n, come on," Midnight gestured for me to come and I stood up and walked to the post at the front.

"I am... Destruction," I announced, turning my board around to show my name.

 Destruction," I announced, turning my board around to show my name

"That's a perfect name, y/n, it's also similar to your father's..." Midnight commented, I shot her a glare.

"Do not talk about him around me," I growled before taking my board and sitting back down.

After me was Aoyama.

"Hold your breath," he mumbled, "my name is 'I can not stop twinkling'. Mon Ami, you can't deny my sparkle."

Like that's ever going to be a hero name. It's more like a mouth full...

"It'll be better this way, take out the 'I' and storten the  can not' to 'can't'," Midnight turned the board around to reveal 'can't stop twinkling'. It's still a mouthful.

"It's stunning, mademoiselle," Aoyama replied. Why did she humour him?

"Okie Dokie! Let me go next!" Mina hopped to the front and smashed her board down 'alien queen', its better than the last and it suits her oddly very well.

"My code name? Alien Queen," she announced.

"Hold on, like that horrible monster with the acidic blood?" Midnight asked, "I don't think so."

What..? She let 'can't stop twinkling' but not 'alien queen'? The heck?

"I think I've got one, OK if I go next?" Asui asked.

"Come on up!" Midnight pointed to the girl and she walked to the front.

"I've had this name in mind since grade school," she told us, turning the card around, "rainy season hero: froppy."

Not bad, actually, it fits her quirk perfectly.

"That's delightful! It makes you sound approachable," Midnight praised the girl, "what a great example of a name everyone will love."

Everyone else started chanting 'froppy' over and over, I just kind of sat in the back, watching everything awkwardly before sighing and pulling a book out. Might as well catch up on my reading.

"I've got mine too!" Kirishima exclaimed, "the sturdy hero. My name is Red Riot."

"Red riot?" Midnight asked, "interesting, this is a homage to Chivalrous Hero: Crimson Riot, right?"

"That's right," Kirishima nodded, "maybe kind of old school, but someday I want to be just like he was, Crimson is my idol."

"If you're bearing the name of someone you admire, you have that much more to live up to," Midnight told him. He was beaming with confidence.

"I accept the challenge," he replied.

Inspiring...

Jiro jogged to the front.

"The hearing hero: Earphone Jack," she presented.

"Now that's a good one," Midnight winked.

Next up was Shoji.

"The tentacle hero: tentacole," he announced.

"Oh I like what you're doing with that a nice play on words," Midnight pointed out it was tentacle and octopus in one.

"the taping hero: cellophane," Sero produced his own name.

"Martial arts hero: tailman," Ojiro was next.

"Sweets hero: sugarman," Sato said, I don't think I've ever actually seen him use his quirk before...oh well.

"Pinky!" Mina tries again. Midnight liked it this time.

"Stun gun hero: chargebolt," Kaminari was up next, "electric, don't you think?"

Did he just make an electricity pun?

"The stealth hero: invisible girl," Hagakure came up with her board.

"I hope I can live up to this name," Yaoyorozu started, "the everything hero: creati."

Todoroki came up next.

"Shoto," he said.

"just your name?" Midnight questioned, "is that it?"

Todoroki hummed before sitting back down.

"Jet black hero: Tsukuyomi," Tokoyami was next.

"I'm the freshly picked hero: grape juice!" Mineta announced, how did he even get onto the hero course?

Next was Koda: 'petting hero: anima'.

Finally, we reach Bakugo, the entertainer:

"King Explosion Murder."

"I'm going to say that that one is a little too violent," Midnight told him.

"Huh? What do you mean?!" Bakugo shouted, "y/n gets destruction so why don't I get this?"

"Because y/n's quirk is destroy. It makes sense," Midnight replied. I just rolled my eyes and kept reading my book as the drama unfolded.

"This is the name I thought off," Uraraka got up to the front, "Uravity."

It's a play on her own name. Interesting.

"Picking names is going quicker than I thought it was, all we have left is young Bakugo who needs to rethink his and young Iida, oh yes and Midoriya too," Midnight came down to the last three.

Iida got to the front and presented his own name, just like Todoroki had. But I could've sworn I saw the characters 'Ing' on his board earlier, I guess he's not inheriting his brothers' name?

"Deku, that has to be my code name," he announced after getting all reminiscent on the past.

"Is Bakugo going to use Kacchan too?" I mocked from my safe corner at the back.

"What did you say?!" he shouted, standing up and glaring at me, I just stuck my tongue out and went back to reading.

"Lord Explosion Murder," Bakugo shouted.

"That's basically the same thing," Midnight pointed out.

"I think Bakugo should be an angry puppy," I joked, "he looks like one anyway."

I could sense his sparking from over here and looked up from my book.

"Did I say that out loud? Oops, sorry," I said innocently as he growled.