||15||

"So why am I here?" I asked as the principal poured to cups of tea and passed me one before sitting in his seat across from my own.

"I heard about the conversation that happened between you and Shigaraki," he started talking, "I need to make sure that you're not double guessing yourself."

"Double guessing?" I repeated.

"Yes, you're not going to convert over to the Villain side," he told me, "no matter what the Villain told you, you need to remember what you know. You need to remember that you are someone who wants to be a hero."

I looked down into my reflection on the surface of the tea.

"That's the thing," I said, "I don't want to be a hero, I never have."

"Then why are you here?" the principal asked.

"I'm here because I want to surpass my parents," I replied.

"Ah yes, your parents. I know all about your family situation," the principle took a sip of his tea, "just think of it this way, y/n, your parents are pro heros, a hurdle in your path to becoming the best pro hero you can become."

"Doesn't make me feel any better," I replied, "I just--no..."

"It's the words, the way they phrased it. Shigaraki was just trying to manipulate you, to taint your goodwill," he told me, "do you want to hurt people, y/n?"

"No."

"Do you want to be able to stand tall and chase away other peoples' fears?"

"Yes?"

"Do you want to be able to face your mother and father, point at them and say: I am better than you!"

"Yes."

"Then don't let your mind wander from what you believe is right," he pointed at me.

"By the way," he started again before the door behind me opened and closed and Aizawa came and sat in the seat beside me.

I looked over to the clock. It was lunch already. Whoa--time flies when you're talking to the principle.

"Allow me to speak with her about that subject," Aizawa said before looking at me out the corner of his eyes, I just drank the last of my tea, "y/n are you scared of blood?"

And now I'm choking on air.

"I thought you were knocked out!" I hissed, now looking at him with wide eyes.

"I was still conscious," he replied, "you came over to me and froze up almost immediately."

I took a sharp inhale and sighed.

"Yes, I don't know why, but I'm terrified of blood," I confirmed his suspicion, humiliated.

"That's a strange fear for a hero in training," he commented.

"It's not my fault," I exclaimed before shrinking down, "it just kind of happened..."

"When did it start?" the principal asked.

"You make it sound like someone just turned a switch on in my head," I narrowed my eyes at them before thinking, "the first time I froze up was...during a Villain attack near my school when I was 8. Some guy got squashed like a bug right in front of me. Ever since it's been my greatest weakness."

The two pros looked at me with pity.

"We need to get you over that fear," Aizawa told me.

"It's not that easy," I sighed before standing up, "anyway I'm going to get lunch, excuse me."

I left the office and walked towards the lunch hall where I was stopped by Bakugo.

"Hey, tiny," he greeted me. I ignored him.

"Hey, pipsqueak," he tried again.

"I don't know who you're talking about, but I know it's not me," I finally responded, he grabbed my wrist and spun me around.

"Fine, uh-- y/n?" he rolled his eyes, "train with me."

"Eh?" I questioned, confused.

"I said train with me. I heard about how you fought and I even saw a bit of it. The sports festival is coming up, train with me," he told me, it was more like a demand.

"And if I don't?" I asked, his hand sparked and exploded.

"I'll drag you to train with me by your ear," he replied, I raised a brow before nodding.

"Fine," I replied, "give me your phone."

"What?" he asked, a frown dressing his face as usual.

"I said give me your phone, I'll give you my number and then send you my address. I live in an area great for training," I told him, bored with the conversation, "come on, I don't have all day."

He filled gave me his phone and I put my number in before sending myself a message, 'send location', a sort of reminder for myself when I get home. I gave his phone back and turned on my heels to the counter to get my food.

When that was over and done with, I took my food and walked over to a table and started eating, Todoroki came and sat at my table once again, we ate in silence.

It was when I was standing up to leave that he spoke up.

"Will you train with me at some point before the sports festival," he asked me, I looked over to him confused.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you're strong," he replied with a shrug.

"Wow, how uplifting," I rolled my eyes before shaking my head, "I already told Bakugo that I'll train with him."

"Ok..." he sighed, "another time then."

"Yeah, sorry," I nodded before walking away.