Tensions 4/5

"Alright, pizza for Chihiro, grilled cheese and ham sandwich for Tomoe and a burger and chips for Rayla," I placed the three plates down in front of the correct children with a bottle of water each. I sat down with (your favourite café food) and a small coffee.

"Thank you, y/n," Chihiro and Rayla said in unison.

"Thanks, mum," Tomoe added on, I nodded and started eating.

Once we finished we decided we'd look around the aquarium. I had three bags filled with little fan objects and autographs from pretty much every one of the old generation of heros and because we'd seen them all we decided to busy ourselves for the rest of the afternoon with a bit of sea life.

"Look!" Chihiro pointed, "it's a flat sea pancake!"

I choked on the air.

"A what?" I asked, following her finger to a stingray and bit my lip to stop myself from laughing, "That's a--uh-- stingray, Chihiro."

"Yeah," she nodded, "a flat sea pancake. Dad always calls them that."

Of course he does. It's Denki.

"That's... Weird," Rayla commented.

We were currently in an empty section of the building with the stingrays and mantarays. All the weirder aquatic animals.

"It's a nemo!" Tomoe pointed to a clown fish.

"I wonder where Dory is," Rayla added on.

"We aren't leaving this room until we find one," Chihiro commented with a giggle. The three kids began looking while I stood there and watched.

They're 15 and 16 year olds but they're more interested in fish than normal things.

Suddenly the lights shut off.

"What was that?" Tomoe asked, I narrowed my eyes to the door at the end of the hallway as the handle rattled.

"Warning, this is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill. Villains have launched an attack. All civilians evacuate immediately. All heros available please track down the villains and stop them, help with the evacuations. I repeat this is not a drill."

"What?" the children under my care all looked panicked as the handle clicked.

"Get behind me," I told them, "now!"

The door was kicked open and in walked three people with half black half blue masks on that resembled skulls. They were all identical.

"You there!" the one with a more built up figure called, "bleed for me!"

A blade was pulled from his pocket.

"Rayla, Tomoe and Chihiro," I looked to the kids, "run away, I'll hold them off. Just go."

"No," Tomoe shook his head, "we can't leave you, mum!"

"Go!" I shouted at him pulling my katana out of the back of my hoodie and extending the folded in blade just in time to deflect a knife flying in my direction.

"B-but mum!" Tomoe shouted as Rayla and Chihiro pulled him away.

"Don't worry about me," I shouted back to him before running forward, "they say my quirk can kill me but who cares when I have one fucking foot in the grave anyway?"

Our blades connected with a loud clash and I looked over my shoulder.

"I'll be fine," I nodded to them quietly before looking forward and swinging my blade, forcing my destroy quirk, or what was left of it, into the blade and swinging it. A large gust of destructive wind hit the three villains and sent them flying into the wall behind them.