||23||

One vs One Battles_
Round 1_

°🌺°
Izuku Midoriya vs. Hitoshi Shinso

Midoriya stood silent as Shinso insulted Ojiro before he snapped angrily, getting ready to run and attack Shinso but instead stopped dead in his tracks.

"Huh?! What's happened?! It's only the start of the fight and yet Izuku Midoriya is completely frozen, he's not moving a muscle!" Present Mic screamed down the mic confused, I hummed out of curiosity and leaned forward in my seat in the stands to see if I can figure out what's happening, "and what's with that look on his face? Could this be a quirk at work? Hitoshi Shinso seems to have Izuku Midoriya completely stunned."

"Interesting," I mumbled, "mind control quirk?"

"He didn't stand out in the first rounds at all, but is it possible that Shinso is crazy powerful? Who could've imaged this turn of events?! That's the festival for you! Hahaha!" Present Mic laughed down the mic loudly, clearly really excited, or maybe he's just being himself, I don't know anymore.

"This is a perfect example of why the entrance exam isn't rational," Aizawa spoke up.

"Why's that?" Present Mic asked.

"Since we're onto the final matches, I had some information compiled about our final competitors," Aizawa explained, "Shinso failed the practical exams to get into the hero course since he also applied for general studies, he probably knew that would happen. His quirk is incredibly strong, but that entry test consisted of fighting villains, robots. It gave those with physical powers the advantage and they could show off. Despite his abilities, Shinso never stood a chance at passing."

That's... Unfortunate...

"Now turn around and walk out of bounds like a good little hero," Shinso spoke up, I looked at Midoriya, curious as to whether the green-haired boy had managed to overpower the kind control or not.

My answer was given to me when Midoriya turned around and started walking to the out of bounds area like it was a normal day and he was out for a leisurely stroll.

"Wha--?? Midoriya is obeying him!" Present Mic exclaimed in shock, our class was all shouting at Izuku.

"He's like a dog, just allowing himself to be controlled like that," I sighed, leaning back in my seat and propping my feet up on the railing in front of me, "he's going to have to shock himself back to his senses if he wants to win this match."

Present Mic just rambled on and on as Midoriya kept walking. However, right before he passed the line, a large gust of air erupted from him and he suddenly snapped out of Shinso's hold, upon closer inspection, I noticed that the kid had somehow broken his index and middle fingers.

"What's this? Midoriya stopped just in time!!" Present Mic exclaimed as the crowd, once anxious with anticipation, rose to life in excitement at the sight.

Shinso didn't look too happy and Midoriya covered his mouth quickly to stop himself from replying to Shinso's angry shouts. Midoriya ran forward and started pushing Shinso out of the rink, Shinso punched him and punched him, trying to get the upper hand, but in the end, Midoriya flipped Shinso out of the fighting arena just like he flipped Bakugo back in the hero vs Villain class with All Might a while ago.

Let's just say, it looks painful.

"Shinso is out of bounds," Midnight announced, "Midoriya moves onto the next match!"

Midoriya wins

Round two_

°🌺°
Shoto Todoroki vs. Hanta Sero