||18||

"Hey! Make some noise you rabid sports fans! Get those cameras prepped, we need a ton!" Present Mic shouted loudly through the speaker, "this year we're bringing you some of the hot performances in sports festival history, get ready! I've only got one question to start this show: are you ready?!"

"Let me hear you scream as our students make it to the big stage!" he shouted loudly.

One thing for sure, as we walk down this unnecessarily long hallway to the open field of grass in the arena, I can tell that Present Mic is getting a lot more reaction than he did at the physical exams. I guess he really is a popular hero, who'd have guessed?

(a/n: I'm joking I love present mic, he's my second favourite hero... The first being Aizawa cuz he's just awesome)

We finally reached the end of the corridor and entered the arena, upon seeing us, the crowd roared to life, louder than I'd ever heard any before. I just sighed and stuffed my hands in my pockets, already bored of this whole situation.

"Welcome back to UAs sports festival where our heros in training fight for the chance to train under a ton of our most famous celebrities!" Present Mic's voice echoed around the arena like we just had some sort of commercial break or something. Knowing how the TV works, they probably did. I bet this festival is sponsored by a crap ton of sponsors. It'd make sense, there's no way that one school, no matter how famous, can create three individual arenas and a ton of different obstacle courses and mini-games with just the school funding. There had to be sponsor and government help to get this running.

"This first group and no strangers to the spotlight, you know them from withstanding a Villain attack! These students will be lighting up your TVs will solid gold skill! That's right folks: it's the hero course students of Class 1-A!" Present Mic presented us energetically. I wonder where he gets all that energy... Is he always drinking a sports drink or does his energy bar not have a runout, man that seems even more exhausting than what I am like now. Jeez...

The crowd roared to life once again, cheering and waving at us as we moved to the middle of the arena.

"Yes they haven't had as much screen time, but this next group is overflowing with talent! Welcome hero course Class 1-B!" Present Mic introduced the next group, I looked them over, not to be prejudging or anything, but they really don't look too impressive to me.

They do say don't judge a book by its cover so maybe they actually have something impressive underneath that boring looking appearance. Eh? Who knows..?

"Next up, General Studies classes C, D and E!" Present Mic introduced the next lot who looked even more boring than the ones before them, "Support classes F, G and H! And finally, Business classes I, J and K! Give it for all of our first-year contestants!"

After a couple of moments, we were all stood in the centre of the field and Midnight was stood on the podium in front of us.

"Now for the introductory speech," Midnight exclaimed over her mic, everyone was commenting on her appearance, perverts, "Silence everyone! And for the student pledge, we have Katsuki Bakugo!"

"Oh no," I shook my head in despair, "I knew this was going to be a pain to deal with but this... Too much..."

Bakugo walked up onto the stage and stood in front of the mic.

"Don't expect anything inspirational out of this," I mumbled, "arrogant, but not inspirational."

"I just want to say... I'm going to win," he said, his voice echoing around the whole arena. I sighed while the rest of our class basically lost their souls all screaming: 'I knew he'd say something like that!'

After that, the whole first-year student body was screaming complaints and profanities up at the hot-headed blonde on the stage. Midnight just stood there in dismay.

"Why would you be so disrespectful? You're representing us all!" Iida scolded with his ridiculous chopping arm movement as Bakugo turned around.

He's going to say something even more arrogant right now.

"It's not my fault that the rest of you are just stepping stones to my victory," he replied, giving us a thumbs down. Called it...

He got down, leaving Iida somehow broken at the bottom of the stage, both arms performing his chopping motion. Is he summoning the devil or something?

"Without further adieu," Midnight took the mic and smiled out to the crowd at the screen changed to 'first-round', "it's time for us to get started. The first game is what you call a qualifier. This is where you begin feeling the pain! The first fateful game of the festival!"

Her hand flew up and a screen appeared behind her, the options spinning madly for a few seconds before stopping on: 'obstacle race'

Oh yippee.