||40||

"Perfect! We've filled our bellies and cleaned the dishes. It's time for...!" Pixi Bob announced loudly.

"A totally awesome test of courage!" Mina cheered loudly from beside me, I leaned away in hopes that it could make her volume go down a bit but...it didn't do much.

"We're going to win!" Kaminari, Kirishima, Sero and Sato all said in unison. I think they're forgetting about their extra classes...

"Not so fast," as if on queue, Aizawa appeared, "it pains me to say it but the remedial class will having lessons with me tonight instead."

I choked down a laugh as Mina went as white as a sheet and her eyes bulged out of her head in shock.

"You've got to be kidding me!" she shouted as Aizawa apologised emotionlessly and gathered the five up with his scarf like he was a shepherd and they were his sheep. Poor guys. I'll pray for you...

We all looked at them awkwardly before Pixi Bob got the remaining of us to pay attention to her again.

"So Class B is going to start as our scarers. When they're in place, class A will leave in pairs, every three minutes! There are tags with your names on them at the far end of the route, your goal is to collect those!" she explained to us enthusiastically.

"Revelry in the dark," Tokoyami muttered to himself, I think his training has gotten to his head...

"Those who are scarers aren't allowed to make physical contact, use your quirks to terrify the others, got it?!" Pixi Bob continued loudly before Tiger jumped forward.

"The winners are... The creative students who make the most people piss their pants!" he announced just as enthusiastically as Pixi Bob, Ragdoll added to the excitement while Mandalay just kind of stood there...

"Did we need that visual?" Kyoka asked, confused. Probably not, but they did so...

"I see..." Iida started, "they're encouraging us to improve our imaginations as we compete with each other all while showing us more uses for our quirks in the process."

"No," I shook my head, "I think you're just thinking too much into this..."

"Alright, everyone draw to see who your partner is!" Pixi Bob exclaimed excitedly.

(a/n: Todoroki is joining Midoriya in this one.)

I took a piece of paper and looked at my number.

We all got to our partners, turns out I'm with Bakugo.

Team 1: Tokoyami and Shoji
Team 2: Bakugo and y/n
Team 3: Kyoka and Toru
Team 4: Momo and Aoyama
Team 5: Ochaco and Tsu
Team 6: Ojiro and Mineta
Team 7: Iida and Koda
Team 8: Midoriya and Todoroki

And so it began, Team 1 had just gone in and myself and Bakugo were waiting at the edge of the trail.

"You better not get fucking scared," Bakugo growled at me, "I'm not going to hold your hand like a little kid."

I looked at him in disbelief.

"I may not look like it but I'm not easily scared," I told him, "I've watch too many horror movies for that."

"Tch-- whatever you say," he grumbled before Pixi Bob told us we could go, and so we began walking.

°🌺°

"This isn't even scary," Bakugo grumbled as we got about halfway around the course.

"Well it is only Class B trying to scare us," I replied with a shrug before we walked into an open area just to see a head pop out the dirt. We both just stopped and looked at it.

Well, I stopped and Bakugo just froze.

"Do you need help out of the floor?" I asked the girl curiously.

"That would be much appreciated," she replied, I nodded and found her shoulders before pulling her out, "thank you."

"No problem," I nodded before turning to Bakugo, "come on, time to go."

When he didn't move I sighed and grabbed his hand, noticing two other class B kids and waving.

"Good try," I praised as I pulled Bakugo along.

"You didn't get spooked?" he asked after a while. I choked a laugh.

"I told you already, didn't I? I'm not easily spooked," I replied as his grip tightened on my hand, "but you're a different story, aren't you Bakugo?"

"Shut up," he hissed, "You've got cold hands."

"Stop complaining or I'll leave you in the dust," I replied, he shook his head.

"You misunderstood," he replied as he shoved our joined hands into his pocket, "you shouldn't get cold hands, it can lead to future disabilities."

I looked at him dumbfounded for a while before smiling the smallest smile ever.

"Aw, you do care," I mocked, quickly removing my smile, Bakugo just 'tch'ed again as we kept walking.

°🌺°

"What's that smell?" I asked a really weird tangy smell mixed with smoke hit my nose as we rounded a corner. Bakugo looked up and then around.

"I don't know, is it someone's quirk?" he mumbled in response, "no it can't be, stay close and don't leave my side.

"I've got your back as long as you've got mine," I replied, squeezing his hand before letting it go and standing ready to fight.

Is this the league of villains?

How the hell did they find us?

Why are they here?