||52||

"I believe I've mentioned this already," Aizawa started off the class in a weird 'I'm the teacher, deal with it' pose, "but your main goal this summer is to obtain your hero provisional licences."

"Yes, sir," we all replied with a curt nod.

"Don't take this lightly, a hero license means you're responsible for human lives. You can imagine that the exam to receive one is very difficult," he continued, "only 50% of students pass the test required for this each year."

"It's that hard to get a provisional licence?" Mineta asked like a freaking lime. Of course it's that hard, they won't just let anyone be in charge of other peoples' lives, now will they?

"In order to prepare," Aizawa brushed off Mineta, "today you'll be focusing on creating something new."

The door slid open and in waltzed Mightnight, Cementoss and Ectoplasm.

"Two ultimate moves," Aizawa concluded as everyone else freaked out over making their own original moves, or not so original, who knows.

"When we say ultimate, we mean a move that will ensure you're definitely going to win against your opponent," Ectoplasm told us.

"An action, so unique to your identity that no other person could ever hope to accomplish," Cementoss added on, "simply put, you must learn to lean into your strengths."

"Your moves represent who you are, these days most pro heros have an 'ultimate move', those who don't, are fools," Midnight added on, still stood in her weird ass pose.

"This might sound abstract but we'll explain more as the day continues," Aizawa told us, "for now, change into your costumes and meet in gym gamma."

We grabbed our stuff and walked to our changing rooms.

I felt the stares on my body as I changed but ignored them and grabbed my katana before leaving the changing room and walking to gym gamma.

°🌺°

"Gym Gamma, also know at the academy as the training kitchen land, or TKL," Aizawa introduced us to the giant room of nothingness, literally. It was just an empty room with a few outlines of boxes on the floor and that's about it.
(I thought the manga version sounded better than the anime version so... Don't mind me)

"This facility was my idea," Cementoss announced, "here, I can cook up unique terrains and obstacles for each student here. Here you will learn to serve out justice, hence the name."

Iida's hand went straight into the air.

Can't we have one session without his questions? Please, just one.

"Please allow me a question!" Iida got everyone's attention, "what's the advantage of having ultimate moves for our provisional exam? May we know your reasoning?"

Dude. Chill. Why not have an ultimate move? It sounds like fun to create but also a pain. It sounds like it'll take a lot of effort and time, so please stop wasting it with silly questions. Ah!

"That's two questions," Aizawa pointed out, "calm down."

He sighed.

"The job of a hero is to save people from all sorts of dangers, so like crime, accidents and natural or man made disasters. Of course the licencing exam analyses how you'll deal with such things, so it won't just be fighting. Your ability to gather information and make quick decisions will be judged in addition so how you can cooperated and lead others," he answered, "every year a new test is used to evaluate these qualities."

How don't they run out of inspiration for these tests? I'm sure a lot have overrun others, right? It's kind of strange to think they're different every single time because people would be taking these exams at least once or twice a month, every month for the whole year. So I find it strange.

"One thing is especially important," Midnight stepped forward, for once actually looking like a teacher, serious Midnight is weird... "If you want to be a pro hero, you must be able to prevail in battle. If you're prepare, you don't need to worry and those of you with an ultimate move will have stronger results."

I guess that makes sense, I mean, I don't see myself walking over to a Villain and asking them to allow me to turn them into dust any time soon with it succeeding. So yeah, it does make sense.

"Your circumstances should not dictate your results in future battles," Cementoss added one, mirroring Midnight's one finger up position, "learn to be consistent and you'll become a great asset on the front lines."

Yeah, no... I think my quirks are best near the back where I can't make too much damage.

"Your ultimate move doesn't necessarily have to be an attack," Ectoplasm chimed in his section of this giant shared monologue, "take Iida's recipro burst for example, this temporary boost in speed is valuable when it comes to the category of excellence we're looking for. Or how y/n throws herself back and forth through time to evade attacks and create her own opening to sneak attack."

I didn't have to look back to Iida to see him happily accepting the compliment that he'd just received. However, for me, I guess that could be the reason. But it's more like, I can do it, so I'll do it. There's no real reason why I'm actually doing it, if that made any sense.

"So it's basically our secret weapon," Sato mumbled as he looked at Iida warily, "something that gives us the upperhand no matter who or what we're facing."

"Now there's a smart boy," Midnight winked, and playgirl midnight is back, "for example, how Kamui Woods is able to use his lacquered chain prison to capture apponents in an instant. That's exactly what we want to see."

"The training Camp was interrupted, but the practice you did get in to develop your quirks was part of the process needed to define these abilities," Aizawa spoke up lazily, "Now that you're caught up you'll be working hard to create powerful moves of your own for the next ten days or so. This is how you'll spend the remainder of your summer holidays."

Not like I have a family to go to anyway.

As he spoke, Cementoss created a giant rocky landscape in front of us, different levels reaching high into the open space and Ectoplasm created clones that then stood ready on each flat surface where I'm guessing each of us will be training.

"Prepare for intensice training, in addition you should think about how you can improve your costumes, y/n already has and it's seems to be working out for her, so after seeing that you all should think about how you can change yours, especially now you have a better understanding of your quirks," Aizawa told us before looking at us all square in the eye seriously:

"I expect you to go plus ultra. Do you have it in you?"