||22||

Sports festival_
Lunch break_
12:00pm_

"Hello grandma," I greeted my grandmother who'd just called me, "I didn't give up."

"I know," she exclaimed, "I'm so proud of you, you're in the first place!"

"Yes, I am," I confirmed, "however, now I really don't have much motivation to fight to come first overall, you know?"

"How about, if you come first or second I will make (your favourite home-cooked meal)," she told me, "yours and your grandfather's favourite."

"Oh would you look at that, I suddenly got a ton of motivation," I replied before noticing Kirishima approaching me, "anyway, I've got to go or I'll not eat anything. See you later."

"Y/n, come to have lunch with us," Kirishima shouted once he got close enough, a derped out Kaminari being pulled along behind him.

"Sure," I shrugged, following him and going to the cafeteria.

"What you've been doing is awesome, y/n!" he exclaimed, "your quirk is just amazing, you tricked everybody!"

"Nah," I shook my head, "I just turned time back and forward as I needed."

"It was still really cool," Kaminari butt in now that he was Kaminari again, "you just flashed there, stole the headband and then freaking disappeared! I'm never blinking when you become the centre of attention again. N.E.V.E.R."

"But you need to blink..." Kirishima said with a frown as Bakugo came walking over and plopped down in the seat across from me and next to Kirishima.

"You didn't team with me because you knew I wouldn't listen to your ideas, didn't you?" he asked me, I nodded.

"You're Katsuki Bakugo, number one hot head and the only person I probably could never create a plan involving you because all you do it just right into the battle without hesitation," I replied, "people like you are probably my weakness. You're kind of unpredictable from time to time."

They all gawked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"That's the most that you've even spoken to anyone!" Kirishima shouted, waving his chopsticks around at me, I sighed and shook my head before standing up with my empty tray.

"I'm done now, so I'm going, excuse me," I dismissed myself and walked away and back to the waiting room where I pulled my phone out to see the next text of the day.

A photo of my parents at the doctors with Eina.

And... My phone is going away, I think I might just change my number and just avoid anything to do with my parents for the rest of my life.

°🌺°

"Get those thumb fingers in the air because of its time for the last round!" Present Mic shouted loudly as we all sat in the waiting room, watching the screen live broadcast from the arena, "but before that good news for everyone who didn't make the finals, since this is a sports festival, we have prepared some side games everyone can participate in! We've even brought in cheerleaders from an American company to get you pumped up! Hold up..."

"What're they doing?" Aizawa asked, I got curious and found myself looking at Class 1-A's girls (except for me) in cheerleader outfits.

"Looks like class 1-A is going full-on fan service!" Present Mic exclaimed, I just looked at the girls in despair, "but aren't they missing a girl? I guess y/n isn't taking part in this little game."

Like hell I'd do that, that's just too embarrassing!

"Anyway, after the side games are over, our 16 members from the four winning teams will be fighting in a series of one on one battles!" Present Mic addressed what we'd be doing later, "You're not going to want to miss these epic matchups!"

"Come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against," Midnight told us as we all finally gathered out in the field again, holding a familiar yellow box with the word 'LOTS' printed in big bold letters across the front, "then enjoy the pleasure of the recreational games before we start."

The four teams who'd passed all lined up in front of Midnight, separate from the ones who hadn't.

"The 16 finalists have the option to participate in the activities or they can sit out to prepare for their battle," Midnight told us, yeah, I'm sitting out, "I'm sure you all want to conserve your stamina. I'll start with the first-place team."

She started to walk over to us.

"Uh-- excuse me," Ojiro raised his hand and spoke up, "sorry, but I'm withdrawing."

Whoa--! What the heck?!

"Ojiro, no way..." Midoriya looked at him in shock.

"But this is a rare chance for you to get scouted," Iida tried to reason with the blonde as he lowered his hand.

"It just wouldn't be right, I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until the very end of it," Ojiro told us, "I think it was that guys quirk."

Who? The dull-looking guy?

"I know this is a great opportunity, I wish I could take advantage of it but my consciousness won't let me," Ojiro continued.

"Just think about this," Midoriya started before Ojiro cut him off.

"I have, OK?" he asked us, his voice raised slightly, "everyone gave their all in round two, but I was just somebodies puppet, no way. I don't want to advance if I don't know how I got here."

Whoa-- he's so...selfless...and honest...wow... Or really prideful

"It wouldn't be fair," he finished.

The girls started to try to reason with him but he just shook them off before getting really embarrassed about their appearances.

"A man's pride will be their downfall," I sighed.

Then some other kid appeared from class 1-B and started saying the same things.

"Well here's another weird turn of events," Present Mic commented from his post.

"We'll just have to see what Midnight says about all of this, she is the one in charge after all," Aizawa replied.

"This sort of talk is incredibly naïve, my boys, I like it!" Midnight shouted, "Shoda and Ojiro are both officially withdrawn from the final round."

(a/n: because Tetsutetsu and Shiozaki were already on my winning team, I'm kicking Aoyama out so that it's a moderately normal fight or I'd get hella confused)

"Take a look at the match up!" Midnight pointed to the screen. So much for lots...

After a few shake ups, Midoriya, Hatsume and Uraraka ended up taking the free spaces.

1. Midoriya vs Shinso
2. Todoroki vs Sero
3. Shiozaki vs Kaminari
4. Iida vs Hatsume
5. Ashido vs l/n
6. Tokoyami Cs Yaoyorozu
7. Tetsutetsu vs Kirishima
8. Uraraka vs Bakugo

I'm quite curious how this will end, Ashido and me, hm? Interesting.

"I won't hold back!" Ashido exclaimed, pointing at me. I nodded.

"I won't either," I replied.