||2||

I looked around at the people stood outside the gates of Battle Centre D. There actually weren't a lot of them, maybe 100 to 150 of us.

Surprising considering the whole hall of the auditorium was packed to the brim.

I noticed that everyone had changed into exercise gear as well, while I was still stood in my uniform.

"Hey aren't you going to change into something more...comfortable?" someone asked me, I looked them dead in the eyes and said:

"Don't talk to me."

Before turning forward again. I don't need to change, I just reverse time or flick the machines, breaking a sweat, honestly isn't my biggest worry. My biggest worry is if I do us my Destroy quirk, will I be able to contain it to just one object or will it just....force expand itself like it always does?

See, I live in a mountain house, actually, me and my grandparents are the only ones living up there meaning it's pretty ideal for me to train out in the mountain range because I don't have to worry about other people getting in my way. My grandparents know not to approach me when I'm training in the rocky landscape because it can get pretty dangerous, especially for those two because...well...they're not really in the prime of their youth, you know?

"Right let's start!" Present Mic's voice bellowed through the speakers towering over us, "get moving! There are no count downs in real battles, run run run, listeners! You're wasting time here!"

I turned around and just walked through the open doors while the rest of the crowd stood at the gates in a daze.

A three-pointer came flying at me almost instantly.

"Didn't expect a three-pointer to be so close to the open," I spoke to nothing before glaring at the machine, "back."

It dropped to the floor in a mess of bolts and screws.

"I could probably do that over and over if I really wanted to, it would be so much easier," I shrugged, looking behind me to see the crowd of kids still stood at the gates, "are they stupid?"

"Nope," someone walked past me, "they just...do not have the nerves to move."

It was a purple-haired kid with giant bags under his eyes.

What did he do, huh?

He ran ahead and I sighed before walking down a street to come face to face with three two-pointers.

"Oh well, I might as well actually try," I sighed before running forward and pulling my left-hand glove off with my mouth and holding it there as I quickly flicked the two machines and then sprinting around the corners and tapping every machine that came into my sight.

"Only two minutes left," Present Mic's voice echoed around the arena and a loud thud came from the centre of the city along with a bunch of screams.

"Sounds like people have started moving and it also sounds like that 0 pointer has come out," I muttered before going down the street leading straight to the centre, "Might as well check this out."

There it was, standing dozens of feet above the city buildings was a giant robot and a bunch of people stuck under pieces of rubble.

"How'd they manage to get caught?" I mumbled as people sprinted past me, I just walked forward and looked up at the robot, I kind of felt like it was looking back down at me.

"Alright, you idiots, I'll show you how this is done," I said to them, well, it was more to myself but I'm sure the guys under rubble heard me as well.

The foot of the robot came swinging down at me, I put my hand up, my index finger and thumb being held in a flick hold, when the foot came close enough, I released my index finger and flicked the machine.

A wave of pressure flew past us as the robot disappeared in a pile of dust along with the rubble.

"Well, I didn't intend to take out the rubble too, but whatever," I shrugged as a loud buzzer sounded.

"Times up!" Present Mic announced, "the exam is over, feel free to leave now!"

After pulling my glove back onto my hand, I happily turned and walked back to the bus, just wanting to get home and have a bath.

That's probably the most unnecessary exam I've ever taken...

A week later, I get my results in a white envelope.

"What does it say?" grandpa asked as he and grandma sat on either side of me.

"It's a disk," I replied, placing the weird disk onto the coffee table in front of me just to have it spring to life and reveal the forever smiling hero, All Might.

"Hello, young y/n!" All Might addressed me and went silent for a while.

"Uh-- hello?" I replied awkwardly, he threw his thumb out to me.

"Congratulations, y/n, you have passed the exam, not only did you come out with the highest score for the written exam but you came second on the physical exam, that is truly amazing!" he praised loudly before the screen flashed over to the top ten in the physical exam.

No. 10 - Fumikage Tokoyami - villain (47) - rescue (10)

No. 9 - Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu - villain (49) - rescue (10)

No. 8 - Izuku Midoriya - villain (0) - rescue (60)

No. 7 - Tenya Iida - villain (52) - rescue (9)

No. 6 - Itsuka Kendo - villain (25) - rescue (40)

No. 5 - Ibara Shiozari - villain (36) - rescue (32)

No. 4 - Ochaco Uraraka - villain (28) - rescue (45)

No. 3 - Eijiro Kirishima - villain (39) - rescue (35)

No. 2 - f/n l/n - villain (73) - rescue (3)

No. 1 - Katsuki Bakugo - villain (77) - rescue (0)

So I was one point of joint first and two points off first place. It's fine, I still came first on the written test so all I have to do is work harder on becoming first on the physical, though I am quite interested to know what this Katsuki Bakugo guys quirk is.

"Congratulations, you're now part of UA's hero course," All Might announces with his "winning" smile.

"Cool, can I go now?" I asked he looked at me surprised before nodded and the screen closed. If you can't tell, I'm not really one for fangirling or heros, but that's probably because I genuinely hate my parents, they didn't paint a great picture of heros to me as a child.

"That's impressive, 73 villains and 3 rescue points," grandpa praised, "congrats kid."

"Thanks, grandpa," I thanked him before standing up, "anyway, I'm going to bed now, it's really late."

"Yeah, goodnight," grandma smiled her kind wrinkled smile at me, I smiled and waved before going upstairs and going straight to my room.

I stared at my ceiling.

"I'm going to surpass you, just you watch me," I glared at the ceiling, not like there was anything up there, it's just, the sky is the only thing that connects me to my parents, they see it and so do I and even though they can't hear me, I'm positive the clouds still carry my message and one day, they will receive it.