||3||

April_
First day of Class 1-A_
UA's Hero Course_

"See you later," I shouted through the house.

"Have a good day!" my grandparents shouted back.

It didn't take me long to get to the train station and then I got off the train and onto the bus before I finally arrived at UA.

The whole place was empty as hell, I looked down at my watch. 1 minute until the bell rings.

Or not... I don't know if there is a bell in this place, let just settle on there probably is one and get moving.

"Class 1-A... Class 1-A..." I walked down a really, unnecessarily tall and long corridor until I found my class...with two students in the doorway...and a strange overgrown caterpillar on the floor...wait no-- that's a person? What the heck?

"Welcome to UA's hero course," he spoke-- so it is a human! What the heck?!

It stood up and a person stepped out of the sleeping bag.

"It took eight seconds before you all shut up, that's not going to work," he started talking, "time is precious, rational students would understand that."

Oh, so he's one of those kinds of teachers.

"Hello I'm Shota Aizawa, your teacher," he introduced himself, I think... I'll just call him caterpillar, it suits him more, he seems lazy and he arrived in a sleeping bag nonetheless making him the perfect candidate for a caterpillar.

"And you," he looked over to me, "are late, if I'm here before you, that makes you late, don't do it again, got it?"

"Uh...sure," I nodded slightly before shrugging and walking past the crowd to find a seat, a seat beside the window would be more than preferable but there seems to be none left so the far left corner beside the wall it is.

"Alright put these on and let's get outside," Caterpillar told us, pulling out a piece of clothing, I'm guessing it's the pe kit, brilliant, exercise and it's not even 10 am.

We did exactly as we were told and grabbed one each before going to the locker rooms and changing.

"What do you think of him?" one of the girls started talking.

"Aizawa sensei?" another asked, the first nodded, "he's weird."

The other girls chimed in before they all turned to me.

"What do you think?" an alien-looking girl asked.

I closed my locker.

"Caterpillar," I said before leaving the changing room and going outside where all the boys were already lined up.

Seems I'm the first girl here.

Might as well take a look at the boys, we've got Mr Mutter from the physical exam and Mr Studious along with the kid that was sat beside Mr Mutter. Then we've got a guy with half white half red hair, and a guy that kind of looks like a rock? I guess? A guy with a bird head, a brunette with some really big lips, a grey haired guy with a ton of arms. A blonde with a tail, a blonde with a black electric streak? A blonde guy who looks like he's used to glitter and unicorns? Some redhead, his hair is spiked out in so many weird directions I probably couldn't even cope with that myself and finally a black-haired kid with weird-looking joints.

Oh wait, allow me to correct myself, there's another kid, he's tiny, got balls for hair, and he's...drooling all over me... Disgusting.

Eventually, the other girls finally arrived and Aizawa started.

"We'll be doing a quirk assessment test," he told us.

"What a quirk assessment test?" everyone asked in unison, yes you idiots, you have ears right? He just said that.

"But orientation, we're going to miss it," a brunette with a small figure whined from beside Mr Mutter.

"If you really want to make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies," Aizawa told her bluntly, I just mentally nodded along, I couldn't care less about listening to the principle talk for ages before we finally get something productive done.

"Here are UA, we're not tethered to traditions," he continued, "that means I get to run my class, however, I see fit."

Fair enough.

"You've been taking standardised tests for most of your lives," he continued talking, "but you never got to use your quirks for physical exams before."

I can't use my quirks for a physical exam, I either destroy something or I turn back or forward time on it. Physical exams aren't really...my thing...

Aizawa held up a device that had a list of exercises and physical tests on. It's basic stuff you do before you get your quirk and then right after, never to be done ever again.

It's the basic things like how far you can throw a ball, how fast you can run a certain distance, how far you can jump, etcetera etcetera...

"The country is still trying to pretend we're all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel," he told us, "it's not rational. One day the ministry of education will learn. Bakugo, you managed to get the most points on the entrance exam with y/n a close second. What was the furthest throw with a softball when you were in junior high, both of you."

"Non-existent," I replied with a clocked eyebrow, this earned a couple of confused glances from everyone before 'Bakugo' spoke.

"67 meters, I think," he told Aizawa, impressive compared to my non-existent throwing record.

My teachers just thought because I have the destroy quirk, I wouldn't be able to participate in such activities and...well... They just told me to sit out. Not that I'm complaining or anything, it was amusing watching kids throw balls like they were pros just to find it was only 10 or so meters.

"Alright, Bakugo, try doing it with your quirk," Aizawa passed him a softball and this Bakugo fellow (who I can now rule out as the guy who sat next to Mr Mutter) walked out to the lined area.

"Anything goes, just stay in the circle," Aizawa told him, stepping back and standing next to Mr Studious, "go on. You're wasting our time."

Bakugo started stretching his arms before finally getting ready to throw.

"Alright man, you asked for it," he said smugly, rather too smugly.

"Die!" he shouted, pitching the ball forward with a large explosion propelling it higher up into the air and out of eyesight before dropping back down at 705.2m.

Impressive.

"All of you need to be aware of your max capabilities, it's the most rational way of figuring out your potential," Aizawa told us, turning and confirming my measurement of Bakugo's throw. 705.2m. Quite a long-range, if I do say so myself.

"Whoa-- 705 meters, are you kidding me?" blondie with the black streak questioned in disbelief.

"I want a go, that looks like fun," pinkie top exclaimed, clapping her hands together once like a child who had just watched a sport for the first time in their life.

"This is what I'm talking about! Using our quirks as much as we want!" weird joint guys exclaimed. Red spikey hair just fist-bumped the air.

"So this looks fun, huh?" Aizawa asked, a slight deadly tone evident in his voice, "you have three years here to become a hero. If you think it's going to be all games and playtime, idiots... Today you will compete in eight physical tests to measure your potential. The person with the lowest scores will be expelled immediately."

A plot twist. I like the sound of that.

Also, at this point, I realised that I have to actually learn people's names, or this was going to be an issue...