Volume 01 Chapter 09

No way!

As Selena thought of her child being taken away, her clear eyes started to dim and tears started to form from the corner of her eyes.

She lowered her head and bit her lips to stop herself from crying.

Xavier sighed as a sob was heard.

"Stop crying."

Xavier ordered.

After hearing the man's cold tone, Selena immediately look up and glared at him fiercely.

With red blush in her cheeks and tears in her eyes, she looked like a bunny being bullied by a wolf.

Xavier blinked. Selena didn't notice a ripple in the man's eyes.

She didn't say a word and only stared at him fiercely.

Xavier also looked at her expressionlessly. After a while, he spoke.

"Don't blame me for your own mistake, Miss Maxwell. If I didn't show up, you're carelessness would've endangered the child"

"I can manage myself. I-"

"How, Miss Maxwell? You're drunk. What will you do if someone take advantage of you?"

"Nothing will happen. I was going home-"

"How sure are you? And even nothing will happen, how will you go home? Drive the car by yourself?"

"I'll take a cab!"

"What if the man is a bad person and has an ill intention? Can you protect yourself? A weak pregnant and drunkard woman?!"

She flinched at the last sentence.

"I, I-"

After a second, she bawled.

"I'm sorryyy! It's not my intention to endanger the baby! I'm sorry for being a bad mother! I won't do it again!"

She hiccupped as saying those. She realized the absurdity of her actions. What if she really met a danger and implicated the little one in her stomach?

As she imagined those, she shivered.

How much of an idiot I was?! It's all the system's fault!

System: ...

If the system could talk, it will pound its chest and say, "Host, I'm innocent!".

As a system, it's own role is to give mission to the host. It's her choice to accept those missions or not.

She knew she was only venting her feelings to an innocent system. But even so, she felt wronged.

The man close his eyes and pinch the bridge of his perfect nose. He looked exhausted to her unexpected bawling.

"If you don't shut up, I'll make sure that you will never see your child in this life."

That shut her up and only hiccups could be heard. She calmed down for a few minutes and said something with her hoarse voice.

"I'm not a crybaby."

Xavier look at her, confused of what in the world is she saying.

"I'm not! Blame it to the hormones!"

She tried to reasoned out.

The man only look at her as if she an idiot. She too, felt her actions is kind of idiotic.

This is not what I wanted to say!

She took a deep breath and opened her mouth.

"Can we negotiate about this? I don't want to separate with my child."

There she said it.

The man is quite for a while.

"We'll discuss about this after the child is born. We have to check first if there is nothing wrong with your pregnancy."

"Then what about your proposal from last week?"

The man looked at her as if she was the most idiotic person he had ever met.

She wants to claw his eyes out.

How much of an idiot I was in your eyes, Mister?! Let's fight outside!

Of course, she didn't said those words out loud. She is, after all, a rational woman who's against violence.

"After what happened Miss Maxwell? Do you think I want to take you as my wife?"

Forget it. This guy wants a beating!

She heard a familiar ding. She pout while mumbling something.

Xavier ignored her and call the doctor to examine her.

The doctor said that the mother and child are both healthy. There is nothing wrong with the baby but warned them not to agitate the mother's emotions as to prevent complications.

Selena thanked the doctor.

After the doctor leave, the two of them was left. There was an awkward silence between them until it was broken by a phone ring.

Xavier picked up his phone and listened silently to the other line. After a few minutes, he stopped the call and look at her.

"I'm leaving."

She ignored him and crossed her arms as if saying she don't care.

This maiden still didn't forgot about what you said earlier. This maiden has a temper!

As if he didn't see her behavior, he continued on.

"If you need something, just call from the door and a maid will attend you. Stay here and don't go out. I'll get someone to move your things here-"

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Who's things moving again?"

"Yours."

"Wait! I didn't agree to stay here!"

"You have no choice Miss Maxwell. I don't trust you and while you're still carrying my child, you'll be staying here."

Selena glared at him and then hide inside the blanket.

He ignored her childish behaviour and stand up to leave the room.

After hearing the door closing, Selena waited for a while before peeking out from the blanket.

She walk to the door and listened from the outside. After hearing nothing, she opened the door.

Her eyes went round as she saw the two huge guards standing outside the door and an old maid sitting in a stool.

Damn Xavier!