Volume 02 Chapter 05

It's decided.

For the sake of her sanity, she have to stop her impending marriage.

After that night, before her parents could start arranging her marriage, she shut them down by declaring she won't marry anyone except the Third Prince.

They looked shock at first but nodding after as if saying 'as expected'.

After her declaration of love (as if), the Empress Wu invited her immediately in the palace and starts talking about her (supposed) family with the Third Prince.

While the Empress is brainwashing her, she look at the woman's glee with pity.

I'm sorry madam but you're expectations will be crashing as your supposed grandson won't be conceived by the 14 years old me but by the 14 years old female lead seven years from now on.

As for the third prince? She didn't met him. Even the glimpse of his shadow was not found after that commotion in the streets.

When she thought that her life won't intersect with the male lead, the Empress mentioned something that almost made her puke blood.

"I heard you bought some kind of pet, Yan-er."

"Yes, Empress. It's three puppies of a Shitzu dog."

"Why don't you gift them to Lei-er?"

"Yes?"

"It's decided then."

Decided then, your mother! Why won't this Empress give me a break?! Why should she includes my sweet teddy pups in her tricks?!

In the end, she sent her babies to the heartless pedophile for him to raise.

Several days after, an invitation was sent to the Duke of Shao, inviting the whole household in the birthday celebration of Empress Wu which will be held at the Anthurium and Water Lily House.

As Shi Lingyan is pondering if she should go or not, a sound startled her mind.

Ding!

[Side Task 1: Meeting the Crowds

Description: Go to the Empress' celebration and stay there until it ends.

Reward for Completion: 600

Penalty for Failure: -900]

Oh, you're still alive?

And here she thought that her system would be silent this entire lifetime.

In the passed five years, it didn't gave her any tasks or missions.

Even though she's panicking a little, not mentioning she didn't know how to complete those first two missions, she's convincing herself that maybe because the main characters isn't in the stage right now that her system is in hiatus.

Now, she was right! Her long playing-dead system had revived and given her a task!

As the night of the Celebration arrives, Shi Lingyan wears a spring colored dress where the skirt was embroidered with numerous beautiful flowers and a lone exquisite red butterfly in the midst of it.

The top of her hair was semi-bun while the rest of it was down. A red butterfly hairpin was put in her bun while a white gemstones was decorated around her hair.

Her father Shi Feng, the Duke of Shao, personally saw them off while telling them, especially her, to behave and to don't do anything weird while they are inside the palace.

Her father has some reasons to be nervous. The time after her transmigration, Shi Lingyan would thought some weird ideas and apply them regardless the consequences. The first one to always brunt that failure will be the Duke.

As she thought of those failures and the Duke's helpless face, she would just smiled sheepishly.

As they walk inside the Water Lily House, they could see the other side, the Anthurium House, where the men are residing.

She could see her father and her cousin brothers and after a while, she saw the Third Prince exiting the house.

As she thought of her puppies, she felt her heart bleeding.

She turns to her companies, her cousin sisters talking with each other while her little sister playing with the sunflower seeds.

"Meng-jie, can you look after Xiang-mei? I have to talk to someone."

Shi Limeng look at the retreating figure of Ji Zhonglei before giving her a teasing look.

"It's okay Yan-mei. Go chase your love."

She ignored her cousin's teasing remarks before chasing the back of the Third Prince.

There is a small lake besides the Anthurium House and Water Lily House. The water beside the shore is filled with lily pads and lotus flowers where she saw Ji Zhonglei standing while looking in the lake.

She stops a few meters from the Prince's figure.

How could I ask about those guys? Will he let me see them?

While she's hesitating, a familiar sound resounds her mind.

Ding!

[Side Task 2: Break the ice

Description: Make the Third Prince talk to you.

Reward of Completion: 30 per Words (Until the End of Banquet)

Penalty for Failure: None]

Her eyeballs nearly popped out.

What's this? This pedophile's mouth is worth of golds!

She didn't expects that while inquiring about her babies, she will be given some points!

"Who's there?!"

She flinches at the sudden loud voice and looks at the frowning face of the handsome prince. She pouts.

Even though I'm quite annoyed by your shout boy, I'll forgive you as you've already given me two words.

Thinking about those 60 points, her face blooms with a smile and approaches the unhappy prince.

Ji Zhonglei frowns even more when he saw her smile and his face darkens when he saw her approaching.

Her eyelids twitches.

Calm down.