Volume 02 Chapter 07

Oh, no!

"What are you doing?!"

The boys flinch when they heard her loud voice. She wants to shout at them again but then, she saw that the movements in the water becomes weaker and ignored the shivering boys while she's shouting for help in panic.

"Your mother! Help! Someone's child is drowning here!"

After saying those, she jumps into the water to save the drowning child.

"Shit!"

The water is freezing cold while her clothes hindered her movements. It's fortunate that the child is quite close to the shore so she could grabbed him and wrapped her arm around his neck while pulling him back to the land.

"What are you dazing for?! Help me up, you noobs!"

The boys came out from their shock before helping her.

After they're already in the shore, she checks the child but stops when she saw the face.

Little loli?

That's not right! The clothes are males'.

This must be twin, Qing Xianfeng.

He looks so similar to little loli except he's wearing boy's clothes. Even so, it still make her heart pounds just like little loli's.

When she realizes she's falling into daze again, she immediately slapped herself awake, making the boys around her startled.

She ignored her stinging face while starts checking the child's breathing.

Your mother! He's not breathing!

She immediately uses the CPR application to save him.

While she's reviving him, her surroundings became noisy but she ignored it and continued her actions until the child coughs out the water and starts breathing.

"Xianfeng!"

A sweet voice breaks into the middle of the commotion while someone shove Shi Lingyan out of the way to check the child she had saved.

She look at the man who pushed her. It's the twins' father.

What's this? No thank you's?!

Someone put a cloth around her shoulders and she turned to look who is it. She saw it was a pretty boy, aged 14-15 years old, who is slightly similar to the Qing siblings. He smiles at her in gratitude.

"Thank you for saving my cousin."

"Oh, welcome."

"Jie-jie"

She immediately smiles and turn to the owner of that sweet voice. She saw a tearful little loli while looking at her in gratitude.

"Thank you. Thank you for saving my little brother."

"Don't mention it, mei-mei. Go to your brother now."

Qing Lingbai nods and turns to check at her brother while the following pedo-prince look at Shi Lingyan.

"You're quite good, First Miss of Shi Family."

After saying those, he followed his little loli.

She only scoffs at his words.

I'm not only good. I'm outstanding!

She look at the boys who had been the culprit of Qing Xianfeng's drowning. After a while, a flashed of recognition passes her eyes.

They are the group of young masters who caused the death of little loli! No wonder they looked so familiar!

She looks at them in pity.

They'll be living in hell from now on.

After that commotion, the banquet was stopped immediately and the guests went home early.

Shi Lingyan was reprimanded harshly because of her actions.

Because she kissed another man's mouth, her reputation was destroyed and her marriage prospect would be affected.

Even so, she didn't care. As a modern woman, kissing and sleeping with other guys are quite normal. Not mentioning, she's only doing CPR in a seven years old child, that's not even considered as a man!

After that mouthful of scolding, she was grounded in her own courtyard for her reflection and she is banned in setting foot in her restaurant for six months.

That last punishment made her intestines became green.

After a year, some changes had happened in the capital.

Qing Lingyan became the study partner of the Third Prince's cousin, Ji Xiangyue, who was the child of the Emperor's late sister and was raised by the current Empress.

Ji Xiangyue's mother was assassinated when she's still pregnant with her and to save the unborn her, they sliced open her dead mother's stomach and took the weak baby princess out. Because of being born prematurely, her lungs is quite weak and was diagnosed that the princess won't live past 18.

One of changes is the relationship between her and the leads.

While she became close friends with the female lead and her cute friend Meng Shuilian, she became antagonist with the male lead.

She didn't know why but her relationship with him worsens every time they would meet. They would always glare and argue with each other but stops when Qing Lanbai walks in.

She also became close with the female lead's nice cousin, Qing Ningmo.

As for the twin, he is quite mysterious one. Every time she went into their house, little loli would grumble about her brother's unusual disappearance.

Everyday, he would goes out and be back late. Their father didn't reprimand his only son's unusual behavior and only told Qing Lingyan that her brother is busy about something. After that, she stopped inquiring but keeps on grumbling about their limited time as siblings.

As for her, her heads starts aching when her parents started encouraging her to marry by giving her the marriage tokens offered by some households.

As a free-spirited woman, she would do something she always wants to do.

Run away!