Volume 02 Chapter 03

I'm sure.

She nodded at her thought.

But deep inside her, there is an unwillingness, a repulse feeling of imagining someone to touch her, marrying her, or owning her. As if she'd be betraying someone.

Betraying someone? As if. How could this maiden completed her mission if l'd reject all those who'll going to marry me?

She scoffs at that thought.

As if! She's only worried of her life!

She also read in a certain website that a woman's body will be fully developed if she's 20. If she'd get pregnant when she's below 20, there's a possibility of miscarriage and losing her life when giving birth.

And she's not giving reasons!

In a certain third month of the year, Shi Lingyan goes out from her house with her three maidservants in disguised.

They walk around the town and go to a certain lake in the middle of the Chang's Capital.

In the water, there's a beautiful floating restaurant named Red Butterfly's Pavilion.

True to its name, there are different red butterflies hanging in the ceiling, sticking in the walls, chairs, and tables. There are also different potted plants and flowers displayed inside the restaurant causing the customer's to always smell the season of spring.

This restaurant is Shi Lingyan's business founded by using her savings. She built this when she's eleven years old.

She first brought this up half a year after her transmigration but her parents were against it.

How could a mere 8 years old girl manage a business? And a floating restaurant as that?

So, she bid her time.

She saved her two years worth of money, taking the former Shi Lingyan's leftover money and sold off all her accessories, much to the horror of her servants, and built her own restaurant.

That time, she had a difficulty of finding workers to built it. Fortunately, Lu Li, one of her maidservants, have known some people to do it.

In finding cooks and workers, she had let Lu Ci and Lu Mi pass some hiring flyers so she could choose those who are trusted and qualified.

She also made a cooking book written in an English Alphabet letters which it could not be easily read by her competitor's spy in the future.

Her family found out about her restaurant last year, after a year of her restaurant's establishment. They scolded her for being reckless and putting herself in danger.

Instead of being annoyed of their rants, she felt warmth and a bit of complicated feelings.

In her past life, there's only her grandparents. Her parents abandoned her so there's no one who's going to scold her when she'd became mischievous.

Her grandparents were old so she didn't have time to spend being a child. But here in this world, she had a family. A family who'll truly take care of her.

After the round of scolding, they didn't told her to close the restaurant. They only put some guards as to prevent someone in causing some trouble.

As Shi Lingyan and her entourage went inside the Red Butterfly, they walk straight to the kitchen and saw Lu Xi, her fourth maidservant, giving orders.

She discovered, while founding her restaurant, her fourth maidservant is adept in arithmetic and calligraphy.

Lu Xi or Go Xi Mei was a young miss of a small rich household in a small town but her family was plotted by those ill-intentioned people causing the small house to wipeout.

Some children who had survived was sold to slavers resulting Go Xi Mei, one of those survivors, becomes Lu Xi.

In the past, she asked Lu Xi if she wants freedom and revenge. Lu Xi's answer?

Lu Xi looked at her in the eye and said in serious manner.

"First Young Miss is my family and the Shi Manor's household is my home. If I leave, where will I go?"

That shut her up.

She didn't think that a 12 years old girl is so matured thinking! It made her, a 32 years old soul, felt embarrassed.

Looking at Lu Xi's 14 years old figure giving orders caused a pitying feeling in a certain Restaurant Owner's heart.

If Lu Xi's household still exist, she would've a better fate than now.

Shi Lingyan brushed off those feelings and starts rolling her sleeves while tying it with a ribbon.

She also wears a white apron and made her hair into a bun while wearing a hairnet in her head.

If someone looks at her back, they will see a red butterfly birthmark in her nape.

The night after her transmigration, that birthmark was discovered by Lu Ci when she's brushing her hair.

Her maidservant exclaimed in shocked when she saw it and asked her where did she got it.

Even she, the owner of it, was at lost as her. But when she thought of a certain system, she had an urged to shut it down when she'll came back to the void.

That unreliable system forgot to tell her about this detail!

She calmed her maidservants down and made them promise to not tell this birthmark to anyone.

As a trusted servants from childhood, they promised. After that night, they never talked or mentioned about it, ever again.

Finishing her reminiscing, Shi Lingyan look at her prized restaurant and felt proud in her heart.

How splendid!