Volume 02 Chapter 08

Run away!

Shi Lingyan left a letter saying she wants to explore the world but the truth is she's only running away.

She closed her restaurant while giving her workers some money and a 5 years vacation as she won't be back in 5 years time.

With her four trusted maidservants, our little transmigrator goes into a 5 years journey.

Time went by and 5 years had gone by, a figure, wearing a man's robe and a bamboo hat, is sipping some tea with four other people wearing a similar attire.

"Young Miss, I've already contacted them. Some of them won't come back as they can't handle the workload but they'd recommended someone as their own substitute. They would be coming tomorrow. Miss, do you have any instructions?"

One of those four asked after summarizing her report.

"Hmm. Good job, Lu Li."

The woman, who's wearing a man's attire, looks at the colorful lanterns hanging in the streets.

"Now, let's start the opening of Red Butterfly's Pavilion, on the 5th day evening exactly, at the Moon Rabbit's Festival."

The curve in her plump cherry lips could be seen under the bamboo hat.

"Yes, Miss"

In the day of the festival, an explosive news had spread around the Capital of Chang. The famous restaurant, Red Butterfly's Pavilion, will be opening its doors again, after its 5 years of closing, at the evening of the Moon Rabbit's Festival.

As the night arrived, the once quite establishment is brimming with festivities and people again.

In the kitchen, cooks and workers are busy in preparing and sending the foods for the customers outside.

One of those busy workers is our little transmigrator who was once missing in the capital, wearing a white apron, a hairnet and tight bun hair, is busy preparing of a special dish for her loyal costumers.

While Shi Lingyan is engrossed with her own work, a commotion broke out from the outside of the kitchen door.

"Dear costumer! You're not allowed to come inside-"

A bang resounded around the busy kitchen, startled both cooks and workers inside.

Shi Lingyan, who's facing her back at the door, is startled awake when someone yanked her arm to turn her around.

"What the-"

Her curse is cut short when her eyes met with a beautiful pair of midnight black eyes and an alluring beautiful young face who was staring at her with an expectant eyes but now in confusion.

Hesitatingly but with a hint of hope, a slight juvenile male voice came from those pinkish red lips, asking her for confirmation.

"Selena?"

Shi Lingyan became confuse and asked back.

"Selena who?"

A standstill came between the two them but was broken when a group of footsteps and a sweet voice followed in.

"Xianfeng! What's happening? Why are you-"

The owner of that voice was cut short at the time when she saw her.

"Yan-jiejie!"

Qing Lanbai's call suddenly woke up the two of them. She yanked her arm back from the intruder's tight grip and faced the little loli with a wide smile.

"Little loli!"

Even after five years, the little loli is still small and cute!

Something flashed in the boy's eyes but disappears in the end as he starts observing her.

The 13 years old little loli becomes red after hearing that nickname, which Shi Lingyan explained the meaning years ago.

"Jie-jie stopped calling me that! I've already grown these past five years!"

"Yeah, yeah. But still small."

She teased the little loli who became even redder.

She then, looked at the people behind Qing Lanbai and noticed that the pedo-prince is not with them.

"Where's the pedo- I mean, the Third Prince?"

"Third Brother is in the borders, Miss Shi. One year ago, Prince Jing was dispatched to subjugate the Ming Yue soldiers who intruded the Qing Yue's land."

The one who answered it is the 14 years old Fourth Prince, Ji Shengyi, who will be pedo-prince's contender to the throne in the near future.

"Oh."

After that, she became uninterested.

Qing Yue is the name of their empire which was also hostile to their neighborhood empire, the Ming Yue.

She look at the younglings in front of her and noticed that they are the main characters of the story.

Beside the young prince is the 14 years old Prince Runyang's young heir, Yu Gaolei, which was also the group's leader who murdered little loli in her past life, staring with conflicted eyes to the oblivious Qing Lanbai.

His younger sister, Yu Fengxue, who is 13 years old and also the little loli's twin brother's fiancee is now glaring at her fiercely which made Shi Lingyan confused.

She also saw the 12 years old half-sister, Qing Linglou, staring with infatuated eyes to little loli's fiance, Xu Rong, the 20 years old young master of Count Zhongcheng.

And lastly, the mysterious younger twin brother, Qing Xianfeng, who was staring at her neck intensely for a while now, is standing behind her.

Shi Lingyan felt her head throbbing while looking at this bewildering bunch.

What's with this group?

It feels like you stare at me, I stare at her and when I stare at you, you stare at him kind of situation.

She sighs at this weird sight.

How confusing!