• connor x reader •

No major game spoilers ahead!

"AZ700, register your name."

"Y/N".

"Hello, my name is Y/N. How may I help you?" Y/N's eyes blinked thrice exactly and her smile was as bright as ever. Her E/C eyes lit up the moment she spoke, as if those very eyes hadn't seen the worst the world had to offer.

"Let's insert her memory chip." One of the CyberLife technicians said. Y/N didn't move a muscle, nor did she think about a single thing. Her story was unlike other androids', yet she had no clue. How could she, when she was only created today?

~ flashback ~

The deviant pointed his gun at Connor, the android sent by CyberLife to assist Hank on multiple cases. The deviant seemed confused on who to point his gun at - Connor, or the innocent human Y/N who the deviant had in his grasp.

"You're an android! Why are you betraying your own people? They'll never treat you fairly!" The deviant shouted.

A deviant himself, Connor remained composed. However, it pained him to see Y/N, the love of his life, have a gun pointed at her head. His thirium pump thudded within his chest and his systems gradually increased in temperature. He knew that whatever happened, Y/N had to be safe. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if he lost her that day.

Y/N was the one to guide Connor through the experience of being a deviant. She taught him many emotions - the most prominent one of them being: love. Connor fell in love with her the way you fall asleep - slowly and sudden. Connor felt out of place, almost alienated in most places. But when Connor was with Y/N, he felt a sense of peace and belonging. He felt like he was at home.

"If you let me go, she lives." The deviant bargained, jamming the gun into the temple of Y/N's head.

Hank pulled out his gun and aimed it firmly towards the deviant. Connor was too frozen in fear to speak or move. All he could think about was her.

"You're a fucking criminal, you're not gonna win. I got places to be, for fuck's sake. Just put the gun down and come with us and we can get this over and done with, alright?" Hank shouted.

The deviant's LED whirled round rapidly, changing from yellow to red. He didn't look or listen to Hank, instead had his eyes fixated on Connor.

"So what's it gonna be? You gonna let me go or her life?" The deviant asked Connor.

Without thinking, Connor pulled his gun out and aimed for the deviant. The bullet missed the deviant by a long shot and merely scraped him across the shoulder. But the deviant still had a firm grasp on Y/N.

Y/N elbowed the deviant in the face, as hard as she could and she tried to make a run for it.

"That wasn't a good idea, now was it, Connor?" The deviant taunted him. Y/N ran towards Connor but the deviant got to Connor first. Tackling him to the ground, it seemed like the deviant had the upper hand. Y/N and Hank tried to help as best as they could but the strength of the deviant was unmatched.

After a long tussle between the deviant and Connor, the deviant managed to point his gun at Connor. Just as he pulled the trigger, Y/N ran to Connor, trying to pull him out of the way.

The bullet found its target and pierced itself right through Y/N's chest, resulting in immediate death.

~ end of flashback ~

As the memory chip was inserted, Y/N's eyes blinked in an unordinary fashion once again. Her brain - made up of interconnected wires and bio components - worked rapidly to process the flow of twenty four years of human memories.

"I think it's working!" One technician declared. Sure enough, Y/N began reliving all twenty four years at once, causing her to immediately become a deviant as she experienced a wide array of emotions.

"Where am I? What's going on?" Y/N's eyes stopped blinking and widened in shock and fear.

"Don't worry. You're completely safe. What's the last thing you remember, Y/N?" A technician asked.

"I remember a deviant, h-he pointed a gun at Connor. Connor! Where is he?" She stuttered.

"He's fine, can you tell us more?" The technician persisted.

"I ran to pull Connor away but I think I... I was too slow and I got shot, didn't I? Shouldn't I be dead? What the fuck's going on?" Y/N kept questioning. She looked around at herself, looking for body wounds and blood but only finding flawless skin and android clothes. She frowned.

"You're alive, Y/N. Can you remain completely calm as possible for us please? We're going to tell you something that might be hard to take," The technician said. Y/N nodded hesitantly.

"You did die, but as a human. However, because you were such good friends with Mr Kamski, he felt he owed you a favour and so he found an unused prototype android. We engineered the prototype to be you, exactly you. Every mark, scar, flaw that human Y/N had, you have still in this new body. Basically, you were reborn but in the form of an android. We were able to salvage all of your memories through neurological stimulation and upload you with them. Y/N, you are practically the same as you were before. It'll be like nothing had changed." The technician explained.

"But everything has changed. I'm not the same! I'm not me anymore. I'm just a machine! How even... I can't comprehend this!" Y/N began to freak out and her systems began heating up. Her LED turned red as she tried to process everything. Life... all gone. She wasn't Y/N L/N anymore. She was just a fake, a fraud even. A piece of plastic imitating a human, a wise person once said.

"This is the first time we've reincarnated a human in the form of an android. I can't believe it worked." Elijah Kamski, the man responsible of Y/N living again, walked in.

Y/N examined her whole body, still not able to come to terms with it.

"Is this just some vile prank? Is this just a nightmare?" Y/N questioned.

"Remove your skin, if you want to see for yourself." Elijah said. Y/N held her hand up and sure enough, the skin revealed white plastic underneath.

"Oh my god. Oh my god! Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!" Y/N felt tears brimming and she began to hyperventilate, even though androids weren't engineered to breathe.

"Y/N, there's someone waiting to see you." Elijah said, then walked out.