Request • Connor Part 3

Every curse word I can think of comes to mind but I know saying them out loud wouldn't do us many favours. Slowly and reluctantly, I turn around to see who the gun belongs to. The guy who greeted us at the door points his gun right into my face.

"Step away Agent L/N." The guy orders in Russian. Of course. How could I have been silly enough to not think these guys would check our identities? Rookie mistake. I resist the urge to face palm.

I notice the rest of the guys are pointing their guns at Hank and Connor too and I wonder how a simple mission turned sour so quickly.

My first instincts are to reach for the knife in the back of my shoe. But in the time it takes to grab said knife, this guy could've already shot the three of us. Think on your feet Y/N, I tell myself.

Connor looks at me with a concerned look in his eyes and I realise that if we die here today, his face is a face I don't mind looking at before I die. But I have no plans to die here today.

"Tell me why I shouldn't just kill you all." The guy pointing a gun at me demands for a reason.

"What's the bastard saying?" Hank asks, which causes another guy to ram his gun into the side of Hank's head.

"Well?" The guy insists. I begin to think of a way out.

"You're under arrest for the illegal kidnapping and selling of androids and for the breaking of international law. You have the right to remain silent." I begin reading this guy his Miranda rights to throw him off while I think of a way to knock him out.

"What?" The guy asks in Russian. I continue droning on and the other guys look up in confusion, clearly distracted from aiming at Connor and Hank.

I look at Connor and hopefully he might have an idea on what to do. Before we can react, I notice a guy point his gun at Connor and I'm moving to stop him before I know it.

"Connor, move!" I shout as I lunge for the guy about to shoot Connor. I shove Connor and he stumbles back against the wall and I slam into the guy hard. Quickly, I grab my knife and I begin to jab at the man.

The man tries to punch and grab me several times but I dodge every hit. I pay close attention to every limb that moves and where it's aimed for and I calculate where he's going to try to hit me. Luckily his gun fell onto the floor.

As I fight this guy, the others go after Connor and Hank and for a moment I get worried thag I've screwed it up. But both guys look like they're doing fine.

Connor's POV

It seems as if I'm dreaming it all, but Y/N pushes me against the wall and lunges for Sergei, the guy who tried to shoot me. Disoriented, I notice that she slams him against the wall and I wonder where she got such great strength from.

Another man named Vlad comes for me and I take care of him quickly. Quickly enough to notice Y/N's graceful movements as she dodges every hit from Sergei. She moves so quickly, it's strangely angelic in a way. I realise I'm gazing at her and I also realise she saved my life just moments ago. Which makes me admire her exponentially more.

I knock out another guy and I notice Y/N is already finished with Sergei. He lies on the ground, unconscious and I wonder whether she killed him or merely knocked him out. Before I can even target another guy, she's already beating someone else up.

There's a ferocity in her expression as she beats each guy up that makes me unable to stop gazing at her in awe. The way Y/N moves so flawlessly makes my own moments seem more flawed, and I'm supposed to be the advanced being. Her long H/C  hair flies around with each movement and it's like a curtain around her. Then I remember Hank is here as well and I feel bad for focusing on Y/N solely and not Hank.

He looks slightly worse for wear but he isn't too harmed, which is good. Hank's eyes are also on Y/N and for a moment, we both ponder how one small girl could be extremely talented in the art of combat.

Finally, we've taken care of all the dodgy guys in here but I know there'll be more coming. I feel slightly embarrassed that my own fighting skills were put to shame by Y/N and yet I feel in awe as ever.

"Ah, that could've gone a lot more smoothly than it did." Y/N smirks at the bodies on the floor. Their hearts are still beating so she didn't kill them but they'll be unconscious for a while.

"Th-Thank you for saving my life." I stutter on the words. The captivating ferocity on Y/N's face is replaced by an enchanting yet shy smile.

"Least I could do." She says quietly, staring into my eyes. Hank clears his throat and I wonder if it was on purpose.

"Well we have the identities of the guys that are doing it which means we can find out who's orchestrating this whole thing. And we can also let these androids go free. So I think this mission was a success. But we've still got a lot of work to do." Hank says.

Y/N walks over to the androids and I don't realise that I follow her there. She sets them free and I follow what she does.

"I noticed you looking at me." Y/N says.

"When? Just now?" I ask, knowing what she means. Crap. So she did seem to notice me gazing at her while she fought.

"Before when we had to take those guys down." Y/N replies.

"Oh. I was just er... studying your movements to see if we were similarly trained. But apparently not, since you are a better fighter than I am. You took them down quicker than I could, I even calculated it." I speak too quickly.

"Studying my movements, eh?" Y/N softly chuckles to herself. If I were human I would've blushed but instead, I feel my body increase in temperature.

"Yeah..." I say.

"I don't mean to sound forward but I can possibly teach you some of these movements in our spare time. It's a date." Y/N says, smirking.

"A date?" I ask. I've never been on a date and I can't tell if she's toying with me or if she's serious.

"After work? Seven, on the dot." She says.

"It's a date." I agree.