• connor x reader •

You and Connor are already married in this one btw

It has been exactly an hour since Connor and I had our first full blown argument over something extremely petty and stupid. It has been exactly an hour since I decided to storm out of the house and decided not to return for a while. It has been exactly an hour since I left him standing there, left him to think about where he'd gone wrong.

Somehow my best friend, B/F/N, seemed to know what was up almost instantly. The moment I left the house, she was already parked further down the road with her car. She ushered me into her car and drove off.

"What was the argument even about?" B/F/N asks. I keep my eyes fixated on some random road sign ahead, not paying attention to what she said.

"Hm." Is all that escapes my lips.

"Y/N? I'm not gonna ask something stupid like 'Are you okay?', don't worry. What was the argument even over anyway?" She asks again. This time, I turn to look at her.

"It was stupid, honestly. It all started when I misplaced the TV remote. Connor kept pestering me, asking where it was..." I begin explaining.

flashback

"Y/N, where's the remote?" Connor shouts from downstairs.

"I don't know, I'm a bit busy right now." I shout back. I'm in the middle of sorting important files out and would rather not be disturbed right now.

""Y/N, you had the remote last. Where did you put it?" Connor asks again.

"Don't know and honestly don't care. It's around there somewhere, just look." I reply, slightly frustrated. I love Connor but he was breaking my concentration right now.

A few moments later, I hear a loud sigh and a loud bang.

"Y/N, seriously. Where is it?" Connor asks again. I roll my eyes as this is the third time I've been disturbed. This time, I march downstairs and meet him in the living room.

"Can't you use your android powers to find it? Or control the TV yourself, with your brain? It's just a TV remote." I say, annoyed. Connor frowns at me and sighs.

"I can't control the TV, I can only turn it on." Connor mutters.

"Oh, whatever. The remote's here somewhere, maybe your android senses can pick it up or something, I don't know." I reply, rolling my eyes.

"Just because I'm an android doesn't mean I can do anything." Connor mutters again. For some reason, this ticks me off even more.

"I don't know. Stop disturbing me, please." I say and turn around to go back upstairs.

"You know, I've noticed something Y/N." Connor says, not muttering this time. I turn around again to face him and raise my eyebrows at him.

"What?" I ask.

"Whenever something happens, you never refer to me as your equal. You always mention the fact that I'm an android. It's like there's no other qualities to me other than the fact that I'm a robot. I thought being a deviant would mean I get treated like a human and not as an inferior android." Connor explains.

"What do you even mean? I've never once treated you unfairly! If by not treating you equally you mean the fact that I told you to use your android senses, then you've got me all wrong. Why would I ever treat you inferior to me?" I retort, even more frustrated.

end of flashback

"...So we argued back and forth about how I never treat him like a human with emotions whenever something went wrong and how it apparently shows that I don't care about him, et cetera et cetera. That's when I decided I had enough of him not believing that I actually do care about him and decided to leave." I continue explaining. B/F/N sighs as she takes all the information in.

"I think he must've been having a bad day. It's not like Connor to suddenly flip at you like this. Nor is it like you to flip at him." She replies. The car stops and we get out at the nearby park, and take a seat on an empty bench.

I pull out my phone to see numerous missed calls and texts. All with the same name on them. All within seconds of each other.

"Oh dear." I sigh. I thought he was too pissed at me to want to talk to me.

"He's been calling and texting you, huh? It shows he's already sorry." B/F/N says.

"Or maybe just wants to continue our little 'discussion' on. I'm over it and I'm not in the mood to answer the calls or texts." I reply. But I can't help but check my phone every now and then, even though it's on silent.

Almost every minute, the number of calls increases. I get texts too every so often.

Connor
I'm sorry. Can we talk? Please come home. I love you.

Seeing those texts made me want to come back but I was also feeling too stubborn to return. Returning was a sign of defeat.

"Y/N, you keep looking at your phone. If you came out here to take your mind off him, it's clearly not working. Look, you're both married. These things happen. But you'll work it out and laugh about it some day. Go back to him, you know you want to. Knowing you and knowing him, your love for each other is too strong to stay angry at each other." B/F/N says after a while.

"You think so?" I ask.

"I know so. And you know it too. Go back, I'll even drive you there." She replies and I know I've already made a decision. We step back into her car and practically zoom back to my house, where she wishes me good luck.

Taking a deep breath, I step in to the house. It's dead silent and I awkwardly step into the living room, expecting it to be empty.

"You came back." Connor says, smiling weakly.

"Well, I can't just leave you here. I'm not one to apologise first but I wanted to say—" But before I can finish the sentence, I'm cut off.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault. I started this whole argument in the first place. Today was a bad day and everything was just piling up to make it worse. But I shouldn't have taken it out on you, that was completely wrong of me. I know you've never treated me lesser to you. You treat me way better than anyone could. I at least hope I do the same for you, maybe." Connor cuts me off. I smile at him.

"Yes, of course you do. Do you honestly think we'd still be married if you didn't do the same?," I laugh. "Come here."

I pull him into a hug and he squeezes me tightly, so tight that I almost can't breathe. A few moments later, I hear him whisper the words "I love you" into my ear.