• rk900 x reader •

Both Nines and I arrive at the hotel, slightly flustered from all the running around we had to do and wary of our surroundings. I couldn't help but find it cute seeing Nines wear normal clothes other than that odd white jacket - it made him look softer and warmer as a person.

"Let's check in." I say. We walk to the front desk and while Nines looks very human - maybe more human than I did, to be honest - I still worry that maybe the receptionist might sense something's up.

We were on the run from CyberLife, who'd caught wind of the fact that Nines had become a deviant and that he'd become a deviant because of his feelings for me. Between Nines realising his true feelings and CyberLife finding out, we at least got to spend a few weeks together and finally share our love for one another. In fact, we were in the middle of a romantic dinner when CyberLife officials showed up at my door and broke in, provoking us to run.

I knew this day would come eventually; Nines was too valuable to CyberLife to not be constantly monitored by them. It must've been a slap in the face for them when they realised their most advanced android had followed in the same steps of his predecessor Connor, which was exactly what he was not supposed to do. Maybe this would convince CyberLife that no matter how much they tried to stop it, androids would always become sentient.

The interaction with the receptionist is brief, thankfully, and she doesn't seem to be suspicious of Nines not being a human. She gives us a key card and we quickly make our way to our room.

"Do you reckon CyberLife is still tracking you?" I ask, once we get inside the safety of our room.

"No, they shouldn't be able to. When androids become deviants, their tracker becomes disabled. Hopefully, that's the case for me as well. But maybe CyberLife have learnt their lesson with Connor." Nines says, looking down.  He sits on the bed and buries his face in his hands and I can tell he's stressed out.

"I doubt they'll find us here. The hotel's too big for them to search every single room." I state, knowing that CyberLife would probably do anything and everything to find us.

"I'm just sorry you got dragged into this. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even have your life at risk. I swear, if you end up getting hurt just because of me, I will personally see to it that CyberLife comes to its end." Nines says, looking guilty. I sit beside him and he takes my hand in his.

"It's absolutely not your fault at all. These things happen. I'm here with you now and I don't plan to leave your side. I don't care if I get hurt, as long as you're alright then I'm happy." I reply. He wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer to him.

"You're too kind, Y/N. Too kind." Nines whispers. I feel him plant a kiss on my head and I look up at him. This time, he plants a kiss straight on my lips. Neither of us wants to pull back so we revel in this moment for a while, until I need to pull away to breathe. Then Nines immediately tries to close the gap.

Unfortunately, our blissful moment is rudely interrupted by a sharp bang on the door.

"Shit. They're here." I whisper. Nines holds me tightly as ever.

"Out the window we go." Nines whispers back. It's risky but there's no other way. Just as we walk towards the window, the door is bust open and a group of CyberLife soldiers stand there, guns pointed.

Nines grabs my hand and tries to pull me out the window with him but the soldiers start shooting relentlessly until a bullet finds its way into my leg. We try to fight back but it's no use.

Nines tries to pick me up when he disorients the soldiers by throwing a chest of drawers at them and we almost make it out the window. Then another bullet finds its way, this time in Nines' shoulder. He still persists and tries to get us out of there.

The whole moment is a blur of movements as the searing pain in my right leg makes it hard for me to focus. But I'm more worried about Nines.

Another bullets goes straight through Nines as he wrestles with a soldier, piercing through his chest. Then the fighting stops. He falls into my arms as the soldiers stop fighting with us and they merely stand there, watching. Already, I'm beginning to get soaked in both red and blue blood.

"Oh, no. No." Is all escapes my lips. I'm too shocked to speak.

"I'm fine, Y/N. We have to leave. I love you." Nines croaks. He says the last sentence over and over and I try to shush him so he can relax. But I can already feel him beginning to shut down in my arms and all I can manage to do is bury my face in him, hoping some miracle brings him back.

Today, my wishes were not granted.

2 years later

"Congratulations on your promotion!" Everyone shouts in unison as I enter the room. A surprise party. The thought of the entire police station gathering together in my house to throw me a party warms my heart.

"Oh my, thanks." I laugh as confetti is shot right into my face and that's when the party is thrown into full swing.

Many people give their congratulations to me, but one of those congratulations sticks out the most. For what reason, I will never know.

"Probably heard this about a hundred times but congratulations, Y/N. You truly deserve it." Gavin says, patting me on the back.

"Thank you." I smile at him.

"Are you okay? The whole party, you've looked a bit out of it." Gavin says. I try to ignore the growing emptiness in my body.

"Just feel a bit empty, that's all." I reply.

"I'm really sorry about Nines. I know it was two years ago but I'm still really sorry. Neither of you deserved it. You didn't deserve to lose him. He loved you, more than you could ever imagine. He personally told me of his feelings for you. Never shut up about you, that's for sure." Gavin laughs at the end and so do I.

"I miss him." I say.

"So do I. I miss not having someone to make fun of or annoy at the station. Oh, have you checked your bedroom yet? I heard someone's left a surprise present for you in there." Gavin says, smirking.

"Wha— okay, I'll go have a look now. My room better not be trashed." I say. Gavin laughs as I walk off.

Intrigued, I almost sprint upstairs. What could this present be? The door to my room is slightly ajar and I enter cautiously.

I look around the whole room but nothing seems to be out of place or different. Everything is still the same. I was about to shout at Gavin for tricking me when I notice a note and a necklace lying on it.

The necklace is a locket and it contains a photo of both me and Nines, which almost brings tears to my eyes. Then I notice the note. It reads:

Dear Y/N,
You must be wondering who left this locket and why. No, this wasn't some elaborate prank by Gavin, before you shout at him. The locket is but a small symbol of my love for you and by now you must've guessed who wrote this note. There was no point in writing this note and I don't know where I'm going with this. But all I can say to you is to turn around once you've finished reading it.

I read the note twice to make sure I'm not imagining it. Warily, I turn around and I'm both in shock and delight to see who's behind me.

"Surprise!" The voice of Nines is like music to my ears.