• connor x reader •

In this one you're both in high school don't ask why androids go to high school lmfao and Hank is also a high schooler in this as well just imagine a younger version of him

Connor's POV

"Yeah. You're in love it seems." My friend Hank declares.

"Love?" I almost spit out. Hank raises an eyebrow at me. I have experienced a range of emotions varying from happiness, anger, sadness et cetera but never love. I didn't even know enough about it to know what it was.

"Well the way you talk about Y/N, it's really obvious. You never shut up about her." Hank replies.

"I don't always talk about her. I think." I dismiss him. Y/N was just my best friend, that was all. Yet I couldn't help but feel like something was pulling me closer to her, like we shared some strange invisible bond. Whenever I saw her, it was as if there was no one else in the room except her. Everything in my life made sense when she was around. I couldn't stop thinking about her either - whether it be her infectious laughter, or the way her eyes lit up with joy or the way she'd roll her eyes if something didn't impress her. Okay, maybe I was in love.

"Yes you do. Just ask her out already." Hank mutters. Ask her out? I couldn't do such a thing. To ruin our friendship, that would hurt more than anything in the world. I don't want to lose her just because I stupidly wanted to be more than friends.

"I don't think she'll reciprocate it." I say, sighing. Y/N was slightly secretive about her love life and she didn't give much information on whether she liked anyone. We knew each other like the backs of our own hands but my feelings for her remained a mystery to her and her love life remained a mystery to me.

"What have you got to lose?" Hank asks.

"Our friendship. If I told her I loved her, she'd probably never talk to me again." I state. I didn't allow myself to hope that she might feel the same, for hope was a dangerous thing.

"You don't know that. She's never told you about who she'd date and who she would avoid. Maybe she might even feel the same way and she just doesn't want to tell you, for the same reason you won't tell her." Hank says.

"You really think I should tell her?" I ask. Perhaps I'm considering it.

"Do it. End of next lesson, when people are leaving class, tell her." Hank says. I try to consider every little detail and I'm probably bordering on overthinking it. What if she rejects me? What will I do? I would be lost if I didn't get to talk to her everyday. Somehow, when I was around her, I felt like I had a purpose. It felt like life had meaning when she was around.

An odd sick feeling arises in my stomach and I suspect I'm feeling nervous. The sooner I told her, the sooner I could get over the rejection. Possibly. We have English next, and I sit next to Y/N while Hank sits behind us so I practically have no way of getting out.

Slowly, I walk to English with Hank and he tries to reassure me that it will all go well.

"Connor, stop freaking out. You'll be fine. Just try not to look too nervous during the lesson, or she'll think something is up and it'll just make things more awkward." Hank says.

"That's helpful." I roll my eyes. Unfortunately, I have no time to prepare anymore as I notice Y/N is already sitting down next to my seat. She looks almost picturesque, as she twirls a lock of hair in her hand and gazes out the window. Some may say it's a cliche way to look, but I think she's beautiful either way.

Awkwardly, I try not to stumble over chairs and people's feet and I notice Y/N looking my way. She smiles at me and it makes my legs feel even weaker. Goddamnit, Y/N, you're in danger of making me more in love with you as ever.

"Hi, Connor. You look a bit flustered. You alright?" She asks as I sit down next to her. Great, she's noticed already.

"Wha-oh yeah I'm fine, thanks." I stutter. Get a grip, Connor.

"Did you do the homework?" Y/N asks. I wish she wouldn't ask me questions while I'm in this state. It makes me feel even more flustered than ever. Who knew a girl could have so much power over me?

"What homework?" I reply, sounding more surprised than I meant to. Y/N laughs quietly at me.

"The one we got set last lesson. I'm surprised, really. You normally do every homework literally the day it's set. What happened, Connor? Shouldn't be slacking now, should we?" Y/N jokes. You happened, Y/N. You're why I can't think straight.

"It's unacceptable of me, oops." I laugh nervously. This lesson is going to prove to be a challenge. Not because of Y/N, but because I can't seem to get over my nervousness.

The lesson passes by too slowly and I try to ease into the lesson but I just can't. Then, my attention is drawn to a boy who talks eagerly to Y/N.

"So are you coming to the party tonight?" The boy, who's name is Jack, asks. What party? I don't care that I wasn't invited, but I didn't know Y/N went to these type of parties.

"Er, maybe. I don't know." Y/N shifts in her seat.

"I strongly recommend you go. It'll be nice to see you there." Jack smiles at her. For some reason, I don't know why this irritates me. I shouldn't feel angry but I do.

Finally, the silly lesson ends and I contemplate running out the room before Hank gets a chance to stop me. But I notice him shoot a warning glare at me and I want to scream. Why does this have to be so hard?

"Connor, were you okay this lesson? You looked really annoyed." Y/N says. I didn't realise how much I towered over her until now.

"I wasn't annoyed." I state. I can hear Hank sighing very loudly behind me.

"You sure? You were scowling at Jack the whole time he talked to me. I thought you and him were alright with each other." Y/N says. I didn't realise I was scowling!

"Oh... I didn't know." I say quietly. I hear Hank sigh again.

"For fucks sake Connor, just spit it out. This is agony, watching you be awkward like this. Just do it, or I'll do it for you." Hank declares.

"No! I'll do it." I exclaim.

"Do what?" Y/N asks. I love it when she asks questions. She has a certain facial expression that makes her look as innocent as ever.

"Ugh. Don't hate me for this. Y/N, for some reason you seem to have had some powerful hold over me for the past year and a bit. I can't stop thinking about you, your smile, laughter, eyes, every beautiful thing about you. As my best friend, you already meant the world to me but now, I know you're more than what the world is worth. I can't seem to go through a single day without seeing you at least once. I tried to deny it for so long but I've come to the realisation that I am unfortunately and hopelessly in love with you. I know you probably think this is just a small thing, and that I won't feel this way about you forever. But I know that whatever I do, I can't escape you. So if you'll have me, I'll do everything in my power to make sure you're happy. That's the very least I can do. The most I can do, that's another matter entirely. I could go on forever talking like this but I'll probably waste your time. But yeah, know this Y/N, I love you." I say, not realising that I got carried away with my words.

Many expressions are written on her beautiful face and I can't seem to decipher what she's thinking. Hank smiles at me and I exhale deeply.

"You really feel that way? You meant it?" Y/N asks.

"Every single word." I reply.

"Whatever I say won't match up to your speech and whatever I say probably won't sound convincing enough. But I love you too. And I've been wanting to tell you since like forever." Y/B says quietly. Perhaps I dreamt it.

"You do?" I ask.

"Of course." Y/N replies.