• gavin x reader •

Today has been a very long day in the station since there hasn't been many cases coming through and both Gavin and I are about to die of boredom. We spend almost an hour flicking a scrunched up ball of paper at each other and try to see who'll be the first one to knock it off the table.

"You're an actual cheat." I moan as I notice Gavin reach for the ball before it slips off the edge of the table.

"How is that cheating? It's better than when I literally just caught you pick the ball up from the floor when you thought I wasn't looking." Gavin narrows his eyes at me.

"Why didn't you say something then?" I ask.

"I let it slide because I'm like the nicest person ever and I love you so I let you get away with it. However, if you do it again I'm not letting that slide. Fool me once, shame on you and fool me twice, shame on me." Gavin replies, smirking.

Flattered, I smile back at him.

"Thanks. I love you too but you're not the nicest person ever when I literally just saw you walk into Connor on purpose." I laugh.

"Hey, he was in my way! What should I have done, requested that he slide out of the way so that I may get through?" Gavin taunts.

"Yes, exactly." I sigh.

"I'm just messing with you, Y/N. You're cute when you get ticked off over the little things I do. Sometimes, I almost do it on purpose just to see you get winded up." Gavin smiles brightly at me.

"W-o-w." I say, sounding the word out into separate letters.

We continue our little game for a few more minutes and then another officer, Tina, walks over to us.

"Hi Tina. You alright?" I greet her.

"I'm good, thanks Y/N. I just came over to tell you guys that I'm having a small-ish party at mine tonight and I was wondering if you'd both like to attend?" Tina asks. Gavin looks at me.

"That sounds cool, actually—" I get interrupted mid sentence.

"Uh, remember the last time we went to a party, Y/N? You got slightly drunk and then your ex tried to chat you up which resulted in you breaking his nose? I thought you said you'd never go to a party again after that." Gavin interrupts me. Tina looks at me and I want to sink back in my seat, so low that no one can see me.

"Er, Tina didn't really need to know that. Plus, he deserved his nose being broken. I highly doubt anything bad will happen at this party. So let's go." I answer.

"If you're sure." Gavin says.

"I'm sure." I say and Tina nods. Perhaps me saying that nothing bad would happen has already jinxed tonight.

For the party, I choose a simple black dress (basic, right?) and a pair of flats because I don't think I'd be able to stand wearing heels for the whole night.

"You look great, as always. Stop fussing over your hair. It looks absolutely fine." Gavin says, when he comes to pick me up.

"It doesn't look fine but thanks anyway." I mutter, still running a hand through my hair. We get in the car and speed off to Tina's house.

Already, the party seems to be in full swing and a drunk person greets us at the door rather than Tina herself. Immediately, I'm reminded of high school parties. Inside, people already clog up the hallways doing god knows what and both Gavin and I find it hard to wade through the crowd.

We spend the party having fun and I agree to stay away from the drinks since we don't want a recap of what happened last time. Suddenly, I feel the overwhelming urge to find a bathroom, not because I need the toilet but because I can feel my hair turning into a proper mess.

"I'm going to find a bathroom. I'll be back in a bit." I say to Gavin.

"Ugh, leaving me next to these guys. Much appreciated. Be quick." Gavin rolls his eyes at a couple next to him on the sofa that are making out very passionately. I dart off upstairs and try to look for the nearest bathroom.

At the end of the corridor, I find a door that looks like it could be a bathroom door but sadly, I'm wrong. I open up into a bedroom where a guy sits there by himself. He looks around the same age as me and smiles at me.

"Hey there. No, this isn't a bathroom if you were wondering." The guy slurs his words and I can tell he's already had enough to drink.

"Ha, ha. How did you know I was looking for a bathroom?" I smirk.

"Just assuming." The guy says. Just as I'm about to leave the room, the guy gets up and walks quite quickly towards me. Already, I can feel a sense of adrenaline coursing through my veins. My instincts are telling me something good isn't going to happen if I linger here any longer.

"Well, bye." I say and just as I walk out of the room, the guy slams the door shut meaning I can't leave. Oh dear.

My heart begins to beat more and more rapidly by the minute and I know I need to get out immediately.

"Why don't you stay a little longer? You're so pretty." The guy gets too close to me, to the point where I can smell his alcoholic breath. Ew.

"No thanks." I say and try to shove him off me.

"Oh, you're not going anywhere pretty girl." The guy says. He lifts a hand as he tries to grab me but something else grabs me first.

"Y/N!" I hear a familiar voice shout and the door is flung open before I even realise it. Dazed, I notice Gavin standing there with a thunderous look on his face.

"Thank god." I whisper and run behind him. The drunk guy looks furious but not as furious as Gavin does.

"You tried to touch her? You tried to lay a finger on my girl, huh?" Gavin seethes.

"Yes, I did. And what?" The guy says, leering at me. A shiver runs up my spine.

"You're going to fucking pay for that." Gavin mutters and before I can even react, he punches the guy straight in the nose. The guy stumbles back but Gavin is relentless as he punches and kicks him repeatedly.

"If you ever come near her again, I will kill you. Job be dammed. I don't care if they throw me behind bars." Gavin says and kicks the guy again.

"Oh really?" The guy still has the nerve to talk back, even though he was beaten up.

"Yes fucking really. I'll be nice though and only make a report at the station about your dirty, perverted behaviour, you scumbag. Cross her path again and you'll get a lot worse than just a police warning." Gavin says.

He slams the door shut on the guy and immediately grabs me into his arms.

"Are you okay? He didn't touch you, did he? I swear to God, if he did I'm going to—"

"No, no. He was about to." I say. In that moment, I'm reminded again about how much he cares about me and how much I love him for it.