• connor x reader •

In this one, you already have a child who's father is your ex

It has been a very long time since Connor and I started dating each other and it may have been one of the best times of my life. However, I keep withholding from letting Connor meet my five year old son, Theodore. Some odd part of me feels like it's too soon to let them both meet, too soon to introduce someone like that to Theo, knowing they may not always be there.

Exactly a week after Theo was born, his father decided he didn't want anything to do with him or me. He said being a father wasn't his forte and that we were better off without him. It hurt me deeply, not just him leaving me but the fact that he could walk out on his son so easily. His son, who would never truly know what it was like to have a proper father.

I struggled for a while after Theo's father walked out. A college kid with a child herself was a very sticky situation to be in. Somehow, I managed to push through and graduate. Despite becoming a successful detective, I always felt empty. It was hard to trust anyone and sometimes, I felt like the only person who I had left was Theo. Then Connor came along, out of nowhere. He was the risk worth taking. He showed me the sunshine through the rain.

Perhaps Connor could be the one. The one to be there for Theo and I, to show us that not everyone was bad. But some part of me felt it was too early to let Connor meet Theo, as if this didn't work out then both sides would be hurt. There are no guarantees for the future.

Of course, Connor knows I have a child and he never once expressed any judgement or dislike towards that fact. In fact, he always said how he'd love to meet Theo and become friends with him. I couldn't help but wonder if he'd become a possible father figure.

Today, I decide to bury all the trust issues and finally let Connor meet Theo.

"So, you'll meet Theo today. How do you feel about that?" I ask, not knowing why my heartbeat has increased.

"Y/N, you don't need to worry about a thing, I can tell by your heart rate that you're stressed out. I very much look forward to meeting Theo, actually. On the contrary, it should be me who's stressed out. I don't know whether Theo would like me or not. Especially when he finds out I'm not normal." Connor replies.

"The moment you mention you're practically a robot, Theo will instantly love you forever because he loves robots. Though be careful, if Theo says he loves you then it'll set him up for future heartbreak." My voice trails off at the end and I don't even realise what I'm saying. Connor lifts my chin up with one finger.

"Future heartbreak? Y/N, you have my word I would never do anything to hurt you or Theo. I'm not like that scumbag. I would never ever walk out on you, even if direct orders came from CyberLife telling me to. With you, I feel like I finally have a purpose. Why would I screw that up?" Connor says, trying to reassure me.

"You mean that?" I ask uncertainly.

"Of course! This may sound odd coming from an android of all people, but I've never been as sure of anything than I have of my love for you. And for Theo also. I haven't met him yet but I know I'm going to love him too." Connor replies, smiling.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." Connor says and kisses me softly.

Finally, I bring him to the kindergarten to pick Theo up. Since I already told Theo about Connor, he's been pretty excited about meeting him. Sure enough, Connor and I notice the excitement on Theo's face as he runs towards us, beaming and arms wide open.

"Mommy, is this Connor?" Theo asks after hugging me.

"Yes, it is." I reply.

"Hi Connor. My name is Theodore." Theo says, reaching up to hug Connor. Then Connor reaches down to kneel at Theo's level and hugs him tightly. I don't know if something got in my eye, but I feel a tear escape.

"Hi Theodore. It's very nice to finally meet you." Connor replies. We drive home and I notice Connor and Theo chatting away endlessly in the car.

Even when we get home, Connor and Theo don't stop their conversation. It's like I'm not even there anymore and they don't notice me slipping away into another room. Obviously, I still keep an eye on them the whole time and I can't help but listen to what they talk about.

"Are you and Mommy friends?" Theo asks.

"Yes. Well, more than friends. A lot more." Connor says, smiling.

"Do you love Mommy?" Theo asks.

"Very much. Too much for my systems to understand fully." Connor replies. Theo smiles at him and I'm not sure if Theo understood what Connor meant.

"I like robots. Robots are very cool. You're a robot." Theo says.

"I am." Connor chuckles.

"Will you marry my mommy?" Theo suddenly asks. I must admit my mouth hangs open as I wait eagerly for an answer.

Connor smiles and thinks to himself for a few moments.

"That depends. Do you like me?" Connor asks.

"I like you. You're a very nice robot. You're my favourite person." Theo replies, smiling as bright as the sun.

"Would you like it if I lived here, with you and your mommy forever?" Connor asks.

"Yes. I want a robot dad. Will you be my robot dad?" Theo replies. Connor laughs and holds Theo.

"I would love to. And I most certainly would love to marry your mommy. If she'd have me." Connor replies, noticing me lurking in the doorway.

"Ah, damn it. You saw me." I laugh. Theo runs to me and holds my leg.

"Mommy, I want Connor to live here with us. Please please please!" Theo pleads, jumping on the spot. I look at Connor and he smiles endlessly at me.

"This isn't how I planned on originally proposing. But I'm already slightly on one knee so here goes nothing. Y/N, I love you more than words will ever allow me to express. Will you marry me?" Connor asks. I let out a laugh.

"Yes!" I reply. Theo smiles at me too and I'm not sure if he knows what's going on. Then Connor grabs both Theo and I in his arms and hugs us both tightly. Perhaps I may have finally found a way to fill the emptiness of my life.