• ralph x reader •

Today is the day we've been waiting for our whole lives. Today is the day I finally marry the love of my life, Ralph, an android. The nerves didn't hit me at all and I slept fine last night but now, I can feel the butterflies growing in my stomach.

They said it was a bad idea to marry him - some "friends" advised me against marrying Ralph. They said he was unstable and that he could hurt me at any time. On the contrary, he proved them wrong. Multiple times whenever I've been in danger of getting hurt, Ralph has always helped me. As for him being unstable, he was his most peaceful and normal self when he was with me. He'd never lash out in anger, even if the worst thing had happened.

So obviously, I ignored those so called friends. Being the nice person that I am, I invited them to the wedding anyway despite knowing they could say something to mess it all up.

My parents were on board thankfully when they found out about Ralph and I. In fact, they were the most supportive and were very kind to Ralph, never treating him any different.

The excitement of finally getting to spend the rest of my life with Ralph after today in the once abandoned squat that we fixed up is all that consumes my mind and I can't seem to concentrate on anything else. After spending a year together, I never expected Ralph to suddenly pop the question. But when he did, I was ecstatic.

As I slip into my dress, my friend Isabella pops into the room. She was a close friend, however she was also quite judgemental about Ralph and I's relationship. Often, it caused arguments between us and I knew that it wasn't a good idea to keep people who disrespected relationships around. Yet Isabella still was a good friend, most of the time at least.

"Hi, Y/N. You look beautiful. I bet Ralph is gonna die of happiness when he sees you." Isabella says.

"Thank you." I say.

"Are you sure about marrying him? Really, really sure?" Isabella asks. Wow, straight to the point.

"You're asking me this on the morning of my wedding? Isn't it a bit late?" I retort.

"It's never too late to back out you know. Maybe an android isn't the best idea of a husband for you, especially a slightly aggressive android." Isabella says, raising her eyebrows.

"Well, I happen to be in love with this slightly aggressive android. And whether you like it or not, I'm marrying him. I'm old enough to know what I'm doing Isabella. Thank you for your concern, but really I'm going to be fine." I try to say it as nicely as possible. Isabella sighs at me.

"Well, when this doesn't work out then I'll at least get the pleasure of saying 'I told you so'. Just look after yourself, okay?" Isabella says. I nod at her.

Ralph's POV

I'm almost giddy with excitement at the thought of finally marrying the love of my life, Y/N. Hundreds of thoughts come flashing in my head all at once and I find it hard to focus. The only thing I can properly focus on is the moment I finally get to see Y/N walk down the aisle, looking as beautiful as ever.

Dressed in a black tuxedo, I think about how only a year ago, I was living in rags inside a derelict building. I think about how my life was going all the way downhill and I remember how I used to think there was no way out of that black hole. Until Y/N happened to stumble upon my house.

She was the sunshine that shone upon my life, taking away the rain and misery. She helped me to become a better person and android and she helped me to see that there was a meaning to life. I didn't know what love was until I was around Y/N.

"Ralph, it's time." Hank says. I nod at him. Since the success of the android revolution, I have made many new friends such as the android detective Connor and his human counterpart Hank.

Slowly, I take my place at the top of the aisle and I eagerly wait for my bride to arrive. Every minute seems to drag and sometimes, I worry that Y/N may have decided not to show up after all.

It's as if I'm dreaming but I swear I see a literal angel at the other end of the aisle. She walks slowly towards me, arm in arm with a taller man. Her smile lights up the surroundings and I swear I can feel a strange liquid exit my eyes. Maybe it's what the humans call tears. She proceeds towards me, walking gracefully and gazing at me as if I'm the her most favourite person in the world. She certainly is my most favourite person in the world.

Your POV

"Hi." I almost whisper. Ralph looks handsome as ever and I don't know if I'm imagining it, but I think a tear escapes his eyes.

"You look absolutely beautiful. I mean, when do you not but today especially. I have never seen anyone as shockingly beautiful as you. I think I'm rambling on. Am I?" Ralph speaks quickly and I laugh.

The minister proceeds with the ceremony and all Ralph and I do is keep our eyes on each other the whole time.

"Ralph, do you take Y/N L/N to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The minister asks.

"I do." Ralph says with a wide smile.

"Y/N, do you take Ralph to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The minister turns to me.

"I most certainly do." I smile back at Ralph. We are handed the rings and place them quickly on each other's fingers.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife! You may now kiss the bride." The minister cheerfully announces. Without another second to be wasted, Ralph grabs me tightly in his arms and presses his lips onto mine. I hold him, trying not to fall. But I know I'll never fall as long as he's got me.