Request • Connor Part 1

Requested by Izzythehatedchild12 hope you enjoy x
Trigger warning: mentions of abuse - if you are affected by this, don't read further because Y/N was in an abusive relationship in this one

It had been a month since I finally found the courage within myself to leave. To leave after six months of mental and physical abuse at the hands of my ex boyfriend, Jason. The memory of that night was a blur because I did everything in a hurry.

The relationship had started off sweetly and happily, just like you'd expect any relationship to when it was in the honeymoon phase. Slowly, Jason started showing his true colours when he restricted me from going out by myself, restricted me from my finances, restricted me from everything in the outside world. Then came the pain. I knew I'd have to get out before I potentially died.

One quiet night, Jason finally left the house to go out drinking with his friends and that's when I seized my opportunity. However, I knew I couldn't pull this off on my own and that's when I enlisted the help of my best friend and colleague, Connor.

Connor knew every single detail of my so called relationship with Jason. He was the only one I could confide in, the only one who Jason didn't know to stop me from contacting. Connor learned very quickly the nature of the 'relationship' and he wanted to get me out as soon as possible.

"I have grounds to arrest him on, Y/N. You can be free at last." He said once.

"If he gets arrested, once he's released I'm gonna be in deep shit." I replied, my heart sinking. There was truly no way.

"I will do anything it takes to make sure you're safe from that piece of shit. You have my word, Y/N. If he gets arrested, I will see to it personally that he never sees the light of day again. You're too precious to be hurt by anyone, period." Connor says, seething. I wonder why he called me precious.

Shortly before my escape, I began to ponder what exactly went through Connor's mind when he thought about me. Surely everything he did was because he was a concerned friend, right? There was no way I could allow myself to hope, to even consider whether Connor had a deeper reason to do anything for me. We'd grown very close over the past few years and we knew each other like the back of our own hands. If he did feel any other way for me - which probably was never going to be possible - then why hadn't he said anything?

The night of my escape, Connor was at my bedroom window swiftly after Jason left the house. He threw small rocks at the window to get my attention and I swear my heart leapt out of my chest. I let Connor into my room and he immediately grabbed me in his arms and held me as tight as possible. Initially, I flinched but then I remembered this was Connor, not Jason. Connor was loving and sweet, whereas Jason was not.

"I'll never let you go again." I don't know if I imagined it, but I could've sworn that's what Connor mumbled as he hugged me. I enjoyed the hug slightly too much as I didn't let go for a while.

"We should go as soon as possible." I said, feeling my cheeks increase in heat. Then my heartbeat began to increase in speed, as the prospect of finally being rid of Jason was closer in reach.

Quickly, my stuff was packed and I had everything I needed, including my passport and all my credit cards. Luckily, this house wasn't in the actual city, so there was no way I'd be crossing paths with Jason ever again. Finally, I'd be free of him.

Just before we left, I noticed Connor looking at my wrists and frowning deeply.

"Y/N, can you hold out your hands please?" Connor asked quietly, still frowning.

"Erm, we don't really have time to be looking at this right now. Later." I said. I awkwardly hid my wrists behind my back and Connor stepped closer.

"Y/N, I won't hurt you. I'm not him." Connor reassured me. I sighed and showed him my wrists.

"My God," Connor gasped. Earlier, Jason was shouting at me about something and he grabbed my wrists quite tightly. It hurt but I wasn't about to make that obvious so as to minimise the chance of Connor getting angry at Jason to the point where Connor would hurt him and get in trouble.

"That sick bastard. I really will kill him. He's not getting away with this. Who gave him the fucking right? He had no right to do anything to you, at all!" The anger in Connor's voice is obvious but he doesn't shout.

"If you kill him, you'll get into a shit ton of trouble. I don't want you getting in trouble. You're the kindest and most wonderful person I know and if I lose you..." My voice trailed off and I fought back tears. Connor instantly placed his hand on my cheek but this time I didn't flinch.

"You'll never lose me, Y/N. I'm always here for you. I won't kill him, not just yet. But all you have to do is say the word and I'll do anything for you. I say this a lot because I truly mean it." Connor said.

"Connor, can I ask a question?" I asked.

"Of course." Connor said.

"Why do you care about me, of all people, so much? I mean, I know I'm your friend and all but you're more caring towards me than my own best friend. You practically devoted yourself to helping me. Even before Jason. You were always ready to help." I asked. Connor smirked and looked away shyly.

"If I told you, you wouldn't understand. You probably wouldn't think it was possible, either since I'm an android." Connor chuckled softly.

"Tell me!" I tried not to sound like I was pleading and he smirked even more.

"I just feel insensitive and I feel like this is an untimely situation to be saying this to you." Connor said.

"Go on. You can tell me anything." I stated.

"You're my best friend but since the day I met you, I knew I felt something else for you. It's like there was some strange force pulling me towards you. Suddenly, the world made sense after I met you and I felt like I had a purpose. I felt happy. After doing copious amounts of research on this strange yet euphoric feeling, I finally found out what it was. Y/N, it's taken me way too long to say this and I should've said this more than six months ago. I...I-I love you." Connor choked at the end.

"You do?" I asked.

!! Part 2 coming tomorrow !!