• rk900 x reader •

"Y/N? Earth to Y/N!" Hank waved his hand in Y/N's face, quickly snapping her out of her daze. She rubbed her eyes to see a disgruntled Hank in front of her, which wasn't an unusual thing to see.

It was a long day at the station and since you had no cases to work on at the moment, you sat at your desk along with Hank, who also had nothing to do. He began fiddling and tossing a coin around, trying to attempt the coin tricks that Connor normally did.

"What is it, Hank?" Y/N asked.

"Jeffery said he wanted to see you in his office. By the way, have you seen Connor lately? It's not like him to not show up for work. I mean, since androids and humans have equal rights now, he's technically allowed to do anything he wants. But he's never once not showed up for work." Hank replied.

"No, actually I haven't seen him. Wonder what's got him." Y/N answered. She rose from her seat and began making her way towards Fowler's office, wondering why she was suddenly being summoned. Another fellow detective, Gavin Reed, sneered at Y/N as she walked by.

"Probably gonna fire you. You know, since you haven't managed to solve a case since before the revolution." Gavin muttered.

"And I should listen to you because?," Y/N asked and was met with silence. "Exactly."

She opened the glass door to Fowler's office and hesitantly stepped in. It was true, what Gavin said about Y/N having not solved a case in a very long time. She didn't know whether she was getting sloppy or whether it was just a case of bad luck. Deep down, she did have a fear of losing her job.

"Ah, Detective L/N. Please, take a seat." Fowler said, looking up. A tall, mysterious looking person stood quite far behind Fowler but Y/N didn't pay attention.

"You wanted to talk to me?" Y/N asked.

"Er, yes. Recently, you've had about five unsolved cases, this I'm sure you're aware of. Do you happen to know why this may be happening?" Fowler replied.

Y/N thought to herself for a moment. "No, Sir. I don't think I know. Maybe it's the fact that I've been operating alone a lot."

Fowler nodded at her. He looked behind him and ushered for the tall figure to step forward. Again, Y/N didn't look up; she looked down at her fingers.

"This is the RK900, the newest model sent by CyberLife to assist with complex cases. Out of all the people working in this precinct, I decided you would be the most suitable person to be assisted. From now on, the RK900 will accompany you on every case you ever embark on. Agreed?" Fowler explained. The tall figure looked almost exactly like Connor, yet so different. He was taller and looked more serious - possible angry? His eyes were a grey-ish blue which added to his serious look whereas Connor looked more friendly and innocent.

"Why does he look like Connor?" Y/N asked.

"That's for CyberLife to know and you not to wonder why." Fowler replied.

"Does he have a name? Is he Connor 2.0?" Y/N asked again.

"I guess... I guess you could just call him Nines for now." Fowler answered, sighing.

Nines walked towards Y/N and she stood up, looking shyly at him. She'd always found Connor attractive but Nines had a different attractiveness. Maybe it was the stern look on his face that suggested he was not to be messed with.

"Pleased to meet you, Y/N L/N. Shall we begin?" Nines asked.

Time skip

Their first case together and already Y/N contemplated whether she'd be able to work any longer with Nines. Something about him got on her nerves, yet something about him pulled her in.