• rk900 x reader part 2 •

Nines

Y/N L/N has an odd look in her E/C eyes, she doesn't look directly at me and instead looks at everything surrounding me. I must note that I quite like the way her eyes flit around, like dancing fireflies. Also, the way the wind keeps blowing her H/C hair in her face and the way she wrinkles her nose as she tries to keep it from her face. Why am I suddenly paying attention to every little movement she makes?

Software instability ^^

I walk in to her small house, Gavin following shortly behind. Y/N has an odd sheepish look on her face and she keeps looking at the ceiling.

"This is the living room, I suppose." She announces awkwardly. I nod at her. Her voice sounds soft and I must admit, it causes me to feel slightly weird. I can't quite describe it.

What's going on with me? I should be properly focused on this investigation, on finding B/N L/N, not gawking over his unusually attractive sister!

Something else catches my attention.

I sense continual thudding, at a rapid pace. When I search for the source of the loud thudding, I'm not surprised to see it lead to Y/N. Her heart rate is well over one hundred, which could have serious complications for her health. I must warn her or continue with my search of her house.

"Y/N, your heartbeat is unusually high." I state, my voice coming out more monotonous than intended. Y/N looks at me with a slightly panicked expression.

"Oh shit, yeah. Sorry." She nervously laughs.

"You don't have to be sorry for a fast heartbeat. Although, I must warn you that having an exceedingly high heart rate isn't good for your health. Maybe you should sit down or get some rest." I suggest, later realising that giving her advice doesn't progress the investigation.

Get it together, I can almost hear Amanda hissing at me from the depth of my mind. Focus on the task at hand, there's little time. Don't let an insignificant human get in the way.

"Er, shouldn't you ask her why she's got a fast heartbeat?," Gavin raises his eyebrows at her, which slightly irks me. "Are you hiding something? People normally get a fast heartbeat when they're under pressure or lying."

Y/N gulps and shakes her head. Just before I can say anything else, a loud bump comes from upstairs. In front of me, I can see Y/N roll her eyes and sigh. Funnily enough, I find her gesture kind of cute.

Why did I just think that?

"There's something upstairs, isn't there? We're going up." Gavin says, shoving past Y/N to the stairs. She looks at me, with a sign of sadness and defeat in her eyes. I pause and look at her.

Conflicting instructions, my system says. One instruction is to ask Y/N what's wrong and possibly help her. The other instruction is to follow Gavin upstairs and arrest our fugitive.

I proceed towards Y/N but somehow, it's as if a red wall comes in between. I know I'm pushing a boundary and that there will be serious consequences.

I punch and kick the wall, countless times until it comes crashing down and allows me to reach Y/N.

I am deviant.

Funny that CyberLife's most advanced android yet could become deviant so quick and so easily. For the sake of a human I'd never met before, I'd managed to break through my programming.

"What's wrong?" I ask. Sounds of shouting and grunting come from upstairs, meaning Gavin has found someone else. I wonder why Y/N felt the need to be so loyal for someone who would end up causing her all sorts of trouble.

"Nines! I've found him!" Gavin shouts.

"I was supposed to protect him from anything, damn it. It's a weird pact the both of us made years ago: to always have each other's backs." Y/N says, looking crestfallen.

"Sibling relations, hmm." I mutter, pondering how strong the bond between two people can be. I feel weird for allowing myself to think it, but I wonder how strong the bond between android and human can be.

"You're gonna lock him up aren't you?" Y/N looks up at me sadly. The look on her face is enough to make me forget everything.

"I...I-I don't know," I stutter. I've never really been at a loss for words before. "I will have to follow the regulations of the law and because your brother broke it, he has to be punished."

"And there's no way he can't be punished? What if it was me who committed the crime, not him?" Y/N asks.

I know there's no way Y/N could go down for a crime her brother committed, especially if the evidence didn't line up.

An idea springs to mind and I'm shocked that I even thought of it.

"In exchange for your brother's freedom, why don't I handcuff you instead? You'd come with me and instead of a jail cell, maybe I'd take you somewhere else. I can alter the evidence too, so suspicion isn't aroused." I suggest, not able to help a smirk. Surprisingly, Y/N's face lights up with hope.

"And where would you take me?" Y/N can't help smirking now.

"Anywhere you want." I reply, winking. Was that a wink? Maybe I was just twitching.

"Sure." Y/N readily agrees, smiling at me.

"Gavin, the real criminal was in front of us all along! She's in front of me!" I shout, already using my technology to alter every piece of evidence on the database.

"What the? How?" Gavin says, pulling Y/N's brother with him on the stairs.

"It was her in the fight, not him. Check the camera footage if you don't believe me. Anyway, she'll be coming with me. Is that alright?" I say, the last sentence not being a question but more me telling him that she'd be with me.

"And what do you plan on doing with her?" Gavin asks, giving me a taunting look.

"I'll take her down to custody and I'll personally see to it that she gets punished." I say, really trying hard not to smirk at her. She looks downward as she tries not to smile either. Her brother looks at me with a quizzical expression, mouth hanging open.

"Fine. Sorry, kid," Gavin says, letting go of Y/N's brother. "I expect that you'll finish the case by the end of today. Guilty or not guilty, I don't care. Just be done with it."

I take the handcuffs out and cuff it around Y/N's small, gentle hands. I pull her out of the house with me and when Gavin has left, she looks at me, a twinkle in her eyes.

"So what's my punishment?" She asks.