• connor x reader •

Apologies if this oneshot is kinda cliche, I ran out of ideas and got inspired (kinda) by an episode of gossip girl I randomly rewatched lmfao

Today is the day. The day I give my life away to be with someone I don't love, and who doesn't love me either. This was purely a marriage of convenience.

Due to my parents owning a company worth millions, they decided it would be best to seek an alliance of sorts with our rival company. All the attempts they made at trying to merge companies failed until one solution came along. Their son and heir to the company, Nicholas, had just recently become widowed. Still recovering from the grief, he wasn't able to focus much on anything. So they thought me marrying him would make him better and that it would be best for the future of both empires. As if. My heart belonged to someone else, just as Nicholas' heart did.

The look on Connor's face when I told him of my fate broke my heart even more. It should've been him I was marrying, not Nicholas.

"Run away with me. They'll never know. We can just change our identities and it'll be as if we never existed here." Connor suggested.

"They'd find us instantly. I've tried everything I can to get out of this." I replied sadly.

My parents insisted on me marrying Nicholas and his parents insisted on him marrying me. Nicholas didn't know my heart belonged to Connor, so he was happily under the impression that I actually liked him. His parents said he was beginning to like me which meant it was going to be even harder to wriggle out of this situation.

For the sake of keeping both families sane, I decide I have to go through with it. I know this would kill Connor inside, just as much as it's killing me. He knows today is the day and he hasn't said a word to me at all. Perhaps he's already dropped me and moved on. Maybe that's a good thing. Besides, it would be totally wrong to be married and still in love with someone else.

Who am I kidding? I'd still love Connor, no matter what.

My sister, S/N helps me into my heavy dress. So much extravagance for such a shitty day, I think to myself. The dress is pretty but I'd be more happier about wearing it if the circumstances were different.

"Can't believe my little sis is getting married! But before you go off and sign your life away, there's someone here to see you." S/N says, the last bit in a whisper as my mother is watching.

"Who?" I ask loudly. S/N widens her eyes at me as if to tell me to be quiet. My mother smiles at us and walks out of the room.

"You'll have to go into my room to see. Be quick about it and try not to let anyone see you go in there." S/N says. I nod. I try not to let my hopes get up.

He hasn't said a word to you all week, what makes you think he'd want to see the girl he loves on the day she's marrying someone else?

Sighing, I trod on to my sister's room, almost waddling around in this heavy dress. My hand shakes slightly as I turn the door knob.

Perhaps I am dreaming, but I've never felt more relieved than I am now.

"Y/N. You look beautiful. As always." Connor says quietly. His LED flashes from blue to yellow and his expression is pained, although he gazes at me.

"Thanks. What are you doing here?" I ask.

"You know why I'm here." He replies, his tone becoming grave. My heart thuds against my chest. He walks up to me and envelops me in his arms, not wanting to let go. I hug him back as tight as possible, wishing I could stay in his arms forever.

A tear rolls out my eye and Connor wipes it away with his cool, soft hand. He places his fingers under my chin and and holds my face up to look at him.

"Don't marry him." Connor says.

"But I ha-" I get cut off.

"Don't marry him. Y/N, please. I know you have this sense that you're doing good and that you want to please your parents. But at the expense of your happiness? Y/N, I can't let you sacrifice your happiness just for the sake of making your parents happy." Connor replies.

"If I don't do this, it'll mess everything up. Literally everything." I say.

"So? It's your life, not theirs. You shouldn't have to marry someone you don't like, let alone love. Don't marry him. I love you, Y/N. Don't marry him, for my sake. Please." Connor pleads, his face growing sad.

"I love you too. And I..." The door hangs open all of a sudden and my mother stands there, mouth agape.

"You have somewhere to be, young lady." She says and then she glares at Connor.

"Remember what I said." Connor says as I'm carted out by my mother.

The next few moments pass by in a blur and I already find myself walking down the aisle, towards my would be husband. More like my would be death.

My father hands me over to Nicholas who meets me with an odd, cold look. But when I look at him, all I can think of is Connor's pained expression. All I can think of is Connor.

"We are gathered here today to witness the union of Y/N L/N and Nicholas..." The minister drones on. All I can hear is my heartbeat in my ears, somehow. I know I only have a few minutes to decide my future before it's chosen for me.

I take a look to my left and in the corner of my eye, I notice Connor standing there, at the back. He looks at me and his LED flashes red.

Is it worth giving up a life with the one I love just for the sake of my parents' satisfaction?

The words come out my mouth without me even realising. "I'm sorry, Nicholas. I can't do this. I'm sorry, Mom and Dad. This just isn't what I want."

"What do you mean? Don't be selfish, Y/N." My mother stands up.

"I mean, I love someone else and I'm not about to marry someone I don't love just for the sake of two companies. Sorry." I say. I begin walking down the aisle again but this time, it's towards the person I love. I notice Connor's LED turn blue and a smile grows on his face.

Moments later, Connor and I find ourselves at a courthouse.

"I do." I say.

"I do." Connor answers shortly after.

He places the ring on my finger and I do the same to him.

"You may now kiss the bride." The man says and Connor grabs me in his arms.

Today, I did give my life away. To the person I love.

This oneshot was a bit shittily written, I'm sorry ahahaha