Request • Connor Part 1

Requested by dreamerparmis hope you like it xoxo

Since childhood, all I've known is fighting. From the age of seven, when a rude girl called Jess stole my lunch and I taught her a very hard lesson for it by slamming her against a wall and punching her nose. From that day, my parents thought it'd be a good idea to submit me to a secret academy that specialised in the training of young spies. They trained us like dogs in the art of fighting and as the years went by, we became more and more lethal. To this day, they never disclosed the name of the agency or told us who we'd work for when we came of age.

Initially, I resented my parents for practically throwing away my life to make me serve a sneaky agency. With time, I learnt that this was the place where they'd trained, where they met and where they found their purpose. Now they were retired, but they used to serve the CIA and the FBI. My parents were decorated and celebrated servants of the country and they achieved many things. I wanted to do the same.

At the age of twenty one, I've finally reached the point where I can now serve my country. In what way, I don't know yet. It'll most likely be the CIA as that is where they send their perfect spies.

"Y/N L/N, the boss wants to see you." An assistant named AJ calls for me. I wonder what AJ stood for. This academy didn't make a habit of disclosing the names of the staff. There was a boss and even after fourteen years here, I didn't know his name.

"Looks like it's time for you to finally serve your purpose." My friend Hallie says.

"About time. I was beginning to get bored here. There's only so many days you can spend here and tackle dummies." I say. I get up and leave the room and follow AJ.

I'm almost excited about what this mysterious boss has to say to me. Perhaps I'll get to go undercover in a foreign country and help take down a corrupt government. Or maybe I'll get to spy on high profile targets. The opportunities that wait ahead for me almost makes my body tingle. I can't wait to become what I was meant to be.

AJ opens the door into a large and dark room. There is a standard desk and a chair, although the chair is turned around. I figured the boss liked to be a little theatrical and do the famous spin as he revealed his identity to me.

"Take a seat, Miss L/N." A voice from the chair says. AJ looks at me and leaves the room and I slowly walk to the chair.

Just as I figured, the chair opposite me spins around to reveal a middle aged man who looked like he'd seen many battles and conflicts in his life. He had a strained face and there were faint scars all over. He might've been attractive once upon a time, but that was all wiped away now by whatever he'd been through.

"You're twenty one, correct?" He asks.

"Yes." I say a little too quietly. I try not to let my eyes linger on the scars on his face since it's rude.

"Hmm. Fourteen years here. Do you think you're ready to take on the real world?" He says. We'd been taught well enough to know what the real world was like, everything that was taught in a standard school was taught to us. Except we were taught way more.

"I am ready." I reply.

"Good. The time has come for you to utilise your skills and knowledge and we believe you would be a great asset to whoever we send you to." The boss says.

"Thank you. Who are you thinking of sending me to?" I ask quietly.

"We think you'd be a great addition to the FBI. Sure, they've employed many androids to help them but we think a human would be very effective. Especially a human with the skills that you have, Miss L/N." The boss says. The FBI? I can't help but feel slightly deflated. I was looking forward to leaving the country and working as a spy for a more secret service, not the FBI. What would I do for the FBI, other than sit in an office all day?

"Oh. Thank you." I say.

"You begin there tomorrow, in Detroit. You're to help a police officer and an android on a particularly difficult case. This case is an international matter and it involves several countries. Do you think you'd be up to the task?" The boss asks.

"I would, sir." I reply.

"Great. I wish you the best of luck." He says.

Later, I ponder what exactly this case may be about. If it involved several countries, why was it being dealt with by the FBI and not a more higher agency? Surely this was too much for just a police officer and an android to handle?

The next morning comes very quickly and I feel slightly sad and excited at the same time to leave this place. My friends wish me good luck and I set off for Detroit, which isn't too far away from here.

I arrive at the police station, covered in snowflakes which annoys me. Already, I look messy and unprofessional.

"I'm looking for Lieutenant Anderson?" I ask the android receptionist, remembering the name of the guy I'll be working with.

"Just go through there and you'll find him." She smiles at me.

I walk through the double doors and look around the station, looking for this lieutenant. One officer keeps staring at me and I almost want to shoot him a dirty look. Perhaps I could deepen the weird looking scar on his face, I think snidely to myself.

I find a desk with the lieutenant's name on it and I find two people there. There's an older guy who looks like he hasn't slept in a few years and an oddly attractive android. The android stares at me.

"I'm agent L/N. I believe I was sent here to work with you two?" I ask.

"You were, yes. I'm Connor, the android sent by—"

"Yes yes, Connor, we know you're the android sent by CyberLife," The older guy interrupts the android. "I'm Lieutenant Hank Anderson."

"Pleasure to meet you both," I shake their hands. "Now what exactly are we dealing with?" I'm eager to get to business already.

"It's a bit of a mess." Connor says.