Chapter 1

Hellooooo babies so I've been thinking about this book for a while so I thought fuck it lets do it. It's in an alternative universe where Billie isn't famous and goes to school. But of course she's still a hard assed goof that sings like an angel. 

Anyways hope you enjoy and let me know what you think! 

Bilstan <3 

Eleanors POV 

Am I shitting myself? Absolutely, without a doubt. Am I regretting this? Quite possibly. Am I able to back out? Well last time I checked we were currently landing, and my return flight was booked for a year and a bits time, so probably not.

I'm so scared that my host family are either horrible people or just plain weird like overly conservative, hella strict or open mouth eaters, honestly my list could go on, but I pray to the heavens that they are none of the above.

My parents did reassure me that the O'Connell's sounded perfectly normal and civil over the phone, but you never know until your trapped in their house under their roof. I am grateful however that my parents let me go on exchange in the States for my final year of school as I wanted to go to college here, but let's hope that my host family give me reasons to stay and not flee the country.

The flight over from Sydney wasn't too bad and there was no one who pissed me off during the flight so that was a plus.

After getting through customs and security I grabbed my luggage and headed towards the exit terminal. I was told that the mum Maggie was meant to be picking me up with her daughter Billie who was my age and I was then to meet her husband Patrick and son Finneas at home.

I walked with the hoard of people who got off my plane, searching for a sign with my name on it.

ELEANOR REED was written boldly on a piece of card that the nicest looking lady was holding. Walking towards her I smiled "you must be Maggie, I'm Eleanor but please call be El or Ellie"

"It's so wonderful to finally meet you dear, I hope you're not too tired from your long flight" she pulled me in for a motherly embrace.

I take back my original assumptions, she is lovely and gives the best mum hugs I approve.

"Not tired at all I slept for most of the flight"

"Right, well let's get home and we can stop somewhere on the way for food if your hungry. Oh and sorry Billie isn't here she wouldn't answer my calls this morning after going out with her friends last night" Maggie sighed.

"Oh it's all good, totally understandable" Well seems like Billie is a party girl.

Maggie gave me a tour of the house and informed me that the bed originally ordered for me came the wrong size so they had to send it back and it was destined to be here in the next few days, so I had to share a room with Billie for a while.

I really hope she isn't an ass about it and is nice to me.

"So I'll let you get settled in but let me know if you need anything Ellie. Fin and Patrick will be home from grocery shopping soon and hopefully Billie too. I'll get her to run you down on school and everything because you guys go back next week" she smiled and left me to my thoughts.

So I've been here for less than an hour and I'm already overwhelmed. America is weird as hell man, they drive on the wrong side of the road, so many fucking cars in LA and traffic here is on steroids.

I put on some music and looked at the time 11 am, damn my body clocks gonna be out of whack I'm starting to feel like it's time for bed. I texted my parents and friends letting them know I've arrived safely, and Maggie is a very lovely woman.