Chapter 35

Ellie;

Ellie's POV

Billie's gift to her family was the most Billie gift she could give. Something so unexpected, unpredictable and tear jerking, it made your heart explode but the way she gave it was just poor.

During Christmas lunch she announced it was time for her big family present and kissed my cheek before getting up to retrieve it. Coming back she slammed her laptop in the middle of the table and a beat began playing when she pressed a button.

"Oh no"

"Dear lord no.."

"Please Billie, no rapping on baby Jesus' day"

"Yo yo yo" she grinned and bopped her head to the beat "it's big daddy Bil and it's Christmas time!"

"Yeah it's Christmas time

My favourite time of the year

Yeah it's Christmas time

So let's hear a cheer!" she raised her hands up and I was the only one who 'wooed' in support but that didn't dampen her spirits.

"Now this special time

Calls for a special gift

It comes from the heart and Julliard

If you get my drift" she winked, and Fin's face lit up in shock as her parents looked at Billie confused.

"Here in my hand is a letter

And it may say I'm accepted for the better

Yeah for the better or for the worse

I got accepted into Julliard and that's on the universe" slapping the letter into her parents hands she grinned at them and Maggie took no time in wrapping her daughter in a bone crushing hug and began jumping around.

"Damn ma, I know your excited but I'm not really up for rolling another ankle" Billie told Maggie who slapped her daughters shoulder and continued celebrating.

So two days after Christmas  we walked around a very empty Juilliard with everyone. The second we walked into the auditorium I knew Billie was sold on coming here. Between the grand piano that sat in the centre on the stage and the damn size of the room I saw the way her eyes twinkled as she imagined herself playing the piano before us.

"You're going to love it here" I whispered to her, wrapping my arms around her front and leaned my head on her shoulder.

"If I even come"

"You will and I'll make damn sure if it's the last thing I do Billie"

"Nah" she shook her head "the last thing you'll do is grow old with me and teach our grand kids how to be little shits"